What's new

Best Barbasol Cream?

For those of you that use Barbasol, which do you find to be the best cream for close, irritation-free shaves (as in, which color)? Thanks!

I use the extra moisturizing cream.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont use Barbsol anymore but when I did, it was Pacific Rush for me. If I couldnt find PR; I would use the purple (extra moisturizing) or green (aloe).

I actually need to buy a can of one of these, having succumbed to the listing of a new in box, but extremely cheap hot lather machine. I'd just left the barbershop on Weds, having had that glorious hot lather spread on the back of my neck at the end of the shave, and spotted a new unit for under $10 shipped...couldn't resist. :)

Not sure whether to go original Barber Shop, Aloe, or Extra-Moisturizing.

I think I like the Sensitive the best followed by the Pacific Rush. Both are great. I could use just Barbasol as my only cream and be perfectly happy with it.

So what does Pacific Rush smell like? - Haven't seen that one in the local store, might have to look around, if it has a nice scent.

Wasn't the anniversary edition the same stuff as the original, just with a different labeling or print on the container? The local Family Dollar has them for a while, and now only has the 'Original' can again. Surprisingly, it isn't bad to shave with, particularly warmed in the hot lather machine. (I set it for Gel, turned up all the way, so it comes out slower, allowing it to heat up a bit more - probably the Conair lawyer's worse nightmare buyer, someone willing to not obey the directions).

Wasn't the anniversary edition the same stuff as the original, just with a different labeling or print on the container? The local Family Dollar has them for a while, and now only has the 'Original' can again. Surprisingly, it isn't bad to shave with, particularly warmed in the hot lather machine. (I set it for Gel, turned up all the way, so it comes out slower, allowing it to heat up a bit more - probably the Conair lawyer's worse nightmare buyer, someone willing to not obey the directions).

What does their lawyer care? Between their printed instructions and your post, the ambulance chasers won't even take your case anyway if you get scalded by the lather coming out too hot.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Yes I believe so. It was all about the cool can. I sometimes use the Barbasol with a shaving brush, I just put some in my lather bowl and add a few drops of glycerin and also water to whip up a pretty nice lather. I still don't find it as good as most of the other creams and soaps I use, but definitely serviceable, and does have a nice post shave feel on my face.

Last edited:
Top Bottom