What's new

Best Bang For The Buck Shaving Subscriptions?

I'm starting to see more shaving subscriptions popping up--Wet Shave Club, Luxury Barber, Bespoke Post, etc. Not to mention Dollar Shave Club, Harry's, 800razors, etc. Which do you think offer the best value? Why?

I was just thinking today, how cool it would be for have a subscription club. I checked out Wet Shave club, but dont need a brush or razor. Soaps are sample size which stinks. Is there a "soap" subscription club?

I was just thinking today, how cool it would be for have a subscription club. I checked out Wet Shave club, but dont need a brush or razor. Soaps are sample size which stinks. Is there a "soap" subscription club?

Something with soap samples, blade packs, and aftershave samples would be a great idea. I'm already set on shampoo, conditioner, fragrances, etc.

Who am I kidding? I already have way more soap than I could use in 30 years...

I haven't been all that impressed with the boxes I've seen from Luxury Barber, but that's me. I'm a big fan of artisan shave soaps and I've only seen them provide some commercial products one can acquire from a local Nordstrom.

Something with soap samples, blade packs, and aftershave samples would be a great idea. I'm already set on shampoo, conditioner, fragrances, etc.

Who am I kidding? I already have way more soap than I could use in 30 years...

I haven't been all that impressed with the boxes I've seen from Luxury Barber, but that's me. I'm a big fan of artisan shave soaps and I've only seen them provide some commercial products one can acquire from a local Nordstrom.
That's a long time to shave.

Bespoke Post was really great first time around, but they do not truly offer a shave box each month. The Standard Razors box a few months back was great (I am hooked on my razor and the NYSC shave creams now). There needs to be an expanded monthly club out there for sure. Going to give Luxury Barber a quick looksie....

And after looking, Luxury Barber looks pretty darn sweet...

So does Wet Shave Club (though, certainly don't need another razor, or do I?)...

Hmm, maybe someone offering a more "custom" box where goodies can be picked out from a solid pool of choices?

Last edited:
I'm also interested in a box for just soaps/creams/etc. Maybe one full-size product and a few samples for $20 or so per month.

Well, gentlemen if I may bring a new shaving soap subscription to your attention. Tiki Bar Soaps has started a 3 month Shaving Soap Subscription for $75. Below I've pasted the details about it, and it is one that I'm certainly considering given the performance I've got from Tiki. The only drawback for some would be that it is a Tiki only sub, so no random artisans to try out.

3 months of Shaving Soap Monthly Subscription Box. It will be packed with all full sized products, including shaving soap, pre-shave soap, lip chap, as well as other products like lotion bars, mustache wax, bath and body soaps, lotion bars, deodorant, and other various items – no sample sizes or coupons here, just lots of product each month to try and love. The items will be different each month, but they will always be full sized.

Is the draw of a club like this the surprise? Can't you just place an order once a month for a new artisan soap and some samples yourself?

Interested to see if anyone received this for the holidays? I am new to the wet shaving process and I am currently looking for that right combination. I have two brushes and one DE razor so maybe Wet Shave Club.

Top Bottom