What's new

Best AS to pair with ANY soap?

Fairly new to the site, just looking for some ideas for an all purpose AS. Something of a classic or that seems to pair well with a variety of soaps? Or just fire away with some of your favorites! I have been sampling a good number of soaps recently and am looking for an AS that I can use with them (the ones I have now are matching specific soap scents that I have).

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, most soaps don’t have very much of a lingering scent, so any AS that you and/or the Missus likes would be just fine.

With that being said, I am partial to the entire Pinaud Clubman line. I keep one bottle of each in my stock at all times. I also have the intentions of trying the Clubman Lustray line as well. I currently have the Draggon Noir and like it quite well. As always, YMMV.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Are you looking for scent or want feel?
Great question - the answer has to be both I’m assuming. Another question would be splash or balm? The answer to that might be both as well! I’m a big fan of finishing with a shot of splash and then some balm. I bought just about all of Fines splashes so I could use what I felt like - they’re pretty cheap.

I use the Nivea Men ASB with pretty much everything. The scent is mild enough to co-exist with other scents.

Looking for more of a splash than a balm. I have a few good balms if I need to use them, so face feel is not a must. I may have to look at getting a clubman AS or Speick, they seem to be popular and would be a great addition I’m sure. Thanks for the suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clubman Pinaud is The classic.
I will always have a bottle around.

Second choice would be for clubman special reserve.
Another classic... leathery, woodsy

I think these two good entry level drugs into the AS world.

Maybe see if the veg will chose you

shavefan

I’m not a fan
My all purpose, use with any soap/cream splash is Lucky Tiger's After Shave and Face Tonic. Very mild citrus scent that fades pretty quickly and it is one of the most soothing AS's I use.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 11.31.29 AM.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm getting older every single day, but I reach for Brut 9 times out of ten. Reminds me of my dad, and 90 percent of the time that's a good thing.

Clubman Pinaud is The classic.
I will always have a bottle around.

Second choice would be for clubman special reserve.
Another classic... leathery, woodsy

I think these two good entry level drugs into the AS world.

Maybe see if the veg will chose you
+1
+1
+1

I use an unscented mentholated splash with all soaps. It’s something I make myself.

Or Lucky Tiger, that has better ingredients, with anything remotely citrus.

Top Bottom