What's new

Best and Worst Spray Tops

Here is a different kind of question for you: which cologne has the best and worst atomizer? For me, nothing annoys me more than spending lots of money on a cologne and then have a cheap-*** atomizer on top.

I love T&H colognes, but the itsy-bitsy sprayer really blows. It looks like it is going to fall off at any moment. Also doesn't spray too well, and is always needing a prime. Time for a change, IMO. An example of a good sprayer is L'Occitane - very fine mist, good volume, and solid mechanically. I like their atomizers a lot.

Any other thoughts?

I am not fond of the AOS sandalwood EdT spray tops. Very cheesy plastic and it sprays a TON of product in all directions. For a $70 plus dollar product - this is not very fitting. Conversely, I really like the spray top on the Trumper sandalwood.

Actually, my favorite atomizers thus far have been the 4oz. cobalt blue glass sprayers that Charles @ QED sells. I decant everything I can into them and they work like a CHARM. :thumbup1:

Hmmmm, this is a different kind of question.

But while we're on the subject, is there a source for a high-quality, refillable POCKET atomizer. I like to carry a little EdT with me, especially when I'm going out to a nightclub.

Currently, I'm using one of the 5ml size bottles (without a sprayer top) like the sample sizes you see at the kiosks in the mall. But this is a pain to refill, and splashing it on doesn't seem to work as well as spraying, since I often use much more than I intended, and I'm not able to spray a mist up in the air and walk through it, which is the proper way to apply EdT/EdC.

So, anybody know where I can get a pocket atomizer ... one that doesn't look too "girly," but still is easy to refill, has a good spray-pump and built to provide years of service? I need something that will hold between 5~10ml of product.

Last edited:
C&S is not the best, at least if you are trying to pull off a decent sized decant. For nomral use probably fine.

Creed is pretty good for decants and regular use. Maybe too heavy day to day.

But while we're on the subject, is there a source for a high-quality, refillable POCKET atomizer. I like to carry a little EdT with me, especially when I'm going out to a nightclub.

What you're asking for, really, are decanting supplies. If you check out this place, I think they'll have what you need. Only thing is, I don't think you'll be able to order just 1 bottle. But hey, maybe it'll still be worthwhile.

I prefer a shave soap over a cream and face lathering to a bowl. Lets say that a certain cream gives you a nice lather and is slick but it makes you want to vomit when you smell it.....then do not use it. :) I would rather find a nice balance on price, quality, and useability. :)

What you're asking for, really, are decanting supplies. If you check out this place, I think they'll have what you need. Only thing is, I don't think you'll be able to order just 1 bottle. But hey, maybe it'll still be worthwhile.

That is a great site, but I do not think that is what he is after, unless they sell metal atomizers there. Too lazy to look, sorry. I would start with EBay. I think Sephora sells these things.

Creed has made some nice ones availble for a price for their scents <g>

Yes, that's it. Exactly, precisely what I was looking for.

They do sell units, and they sell bundles of 3 at a slight discount over the unit prices. Getting a whole dozen is way more than I need, but I think I'll send off for a 3-pack.

Thanks!

Yes, that's it. Exactly, precisely what I was looking for.

They do sell units, and they sell bundles of 3 at a slight discount over the unit prices. Getting a whole dozen is way more than I need, but I think I'll send off for a 3-pack.

Thanks!

My pleasure. Happy to help out! :thumbup1:

I could have used some of these things this morning. What a great site for some very specific items.

-jim

Creed are the best I've tried. Penhaligon's are very good also. Plenty of fine mist, lots of control. I really dislike the ones that give a fixed amount of spray regardless of how you press them.

I don't own that many "nice" colognes, but in my limited experience I've found that I really like the atomizers on C.O. Bigelow's colognes. :thumbup:

Top Bottom