What's new

Best and worst aftershave purchase

Lots of great ones! Lots of love for Ghost Town Barber, PAA Red Planet, Stirling Gatlinburg, Stirling Arkadia, Speick

Not my thing: Fine American Barbershop, Floid Vigoroso (NOT my thing)

Enjoy the scent and excited to try Mickey Lee Soapworks Kraken, Floid Black and CRSW Barbiere Sapone aftershaves

Best aftershave purchase? Hard to pick one! My favorite is probably British Sterling. It smells slightly different than the cologne and combines with it to make something different. It is very nostalgic and tasteful.

The worst by far was Jovan Black Musk. I got the cologne and aftershave and never use it. It smells like an early version of Axe Body Spray from the 2000's; one dimensional, synthetic aquatic fruit...lifeless. Bleach some frosted tips, put on a metallic blue vest, slap this on and you're ready for prom night in 2002. Blech!

Best: Mennen Skin Bracer
Worst: Aqua Velva Ice Blue (or Musk, or Sport)
Update, a little over a year later:
Best: Proraso Red - for the scent, and for what must be the shea butter that leaves a residual non-greasy balm-like feel.
2nd place: Mennen Skin Bracer
3rd place: Pinaud Clubman - I tend to use this more than any other simply because it's cheap and it's not hard to get some more.​

Worst: still Aqua Velva (any kind)​

Last edited:
best are osage, floid vig., mysol aqua balsamica, mysol antesol, Speick
worst: probably clubman, just too strong of a scent for me that is over-the-top
I like to cut it with osage

The best was the QCS balms, now gone and much missed. With my migraine problems there were too many worst to remember them all. A great many that had me jumping straight back into the shower to wash them off. Usually comically screaming "get it off, get it off!" as if I was being pursued by a cloud of bats.

Best
Fine american blend,Snake bite,l'orange noir
Razorock american Barbour,son of zues,chicago
Goodfellas talon n1,abysso
Proraso red/green

Worst
Havnt really got any dislikes but that veg just sounds grim

Best: Epsilon Blue Mediterranean. I've tried the Furbo and other "blue" aftershaves, and they beat the Epsilon in some areas, but it's still IMO the best all around performer.

Worst: Razorock P.160 splash. I spent an entire day looking like Bozo the Clown.

Master Bay Rum.

Smelled like the oils turned rancid. In the bottle. On my face fresh. On my face after 2 hours. Tried decanting to glass and still awful.

Based on the description I wanted to love Midnight Stag! Too bad it just smells like a doctor’s office to me. (Worst)

One I didn’t think I’d like but do is VIBR. I’m a fan of the clove! (Best)

Best-too many to mention but here goes a short list : Floid New Fragrance, Adidas Extreme Power, anything Denim
Worst-STR8 Red code. Was gifted a bottle a few years ago for Christmas. Didn't like the scent and it always burned like hell. Guess from there it gets its name... I used it up until it was almost done (I don't throw away usable aftershaves usually), then tossed the bottle in the trash and kept the nice tin it came in. Never going to buy that one again.
Dishonorable mention-STR8 Ahead. I have this one but don't use it too much. The scent is very weak, non existent almost.
It's like rinsing my face with nothing else but alcohol.
On the flipside though I like other STR8 varieties (especially Rebel, now discontinued, and Live true).

Top Bottom