What's new

Best alternetive for Gillette Trac II carts: Gillette 7 Oclock PII VS Gillette GII VS Personna Twin Pivot Plus, or something else ?

hello
what is the best alternetive for Gillette Trac II ?
Gillette 7 Oclock PII or Gillette GII or Personna Twin Pivot Plus, or something else ?
From the test I did the Gillette 7 Oclock PII was the cheapest of them all.
Anyone tried the Gillette 7 Oclock PII? Is it as good and sharp as the original Gillette Trac II?

I have both the 7 Oclock and the Personna Twin Pivot Plus. I prefer the Personna. Its a little rough on the 1st shave then settles down to be smooth and comfortable. I suspect it is because of the coating. I found the 7 0clock to be a bit tuggy and not quite as sharp. I also have a couple of old stock Trac II carts. They are on par with the Personna, though they are smooth right from the get go and require no break in.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Not cheap by any means, but do take a look at the Maxwell June razor.
It uses DE blades and folds them in half to create a twin blade head.
I have given away all my Trac II stuff since I got one.
It's a virtually fool proof shave.
I have tried with poor lather and with aggressive speed to get a bad shave with it, and I can't.
It looks complicated, but it really is quite simple.
Aluminum construction, quite light and nimble.
For anyone making a transition away from the cost of carts, or for those who just liked the Trac II system (like me) this is a superb razor.

Wilkinson Sword Contact or Duplo are great:
proxy.php
proxy.php

With a button on the cartridge to clean between blades. Same blade in different packaging, both Trac II and Atra Compatible. Might be hard to find outside of Europe.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have used the Personna and the PII a bit. I prefer the PII because they don’t have the gooey lube strip. I only use the Trac II on the rare occasion when I carry-on for air travel. Even then, I often take a Gillette Guard razor for that now. I shall be carrying-on next week and have been planning on taking a Trac II with a fresh PII for this trip.

I have used the Personna and the PII a bit. I prefer the PII because they don’t have the gooey lube strip. I only use the Trac II on the rare occasion when I carry-on for air travel. Even then, I often take a Gillette Guard razor for that now. I shall be carrying-on next week and have been planning on taking a Trac II with a fresh PII for this trip.
did you find any differences between them ? PII and Personna
in term of sharpness and smoothness and how the blade feel on the skin ?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
did you find any differences between them ? PII and Personna
in term of sharpness and smoothness and how the blade feel on the skin ?
Everyone is different. I did not like the Personna Trac II carts at all. Again, I am not a regular cart shaver. Its a rare occurrence for me. But I did give the Personna carts to my wife, who liked them. The PII seem much better all around as per my experience. I will probably use the PII next week just for fun when I travel.

FWIW, here's my two penn'orth.
The Wilkinson Contact Plus is, in my view, intended to be the equivalent of the Gillette Vector (or is it vice versa)? I find the former somewhat tuggy and, although both give decent shaves, I much prefer the Vector.
I've long been a fan of the Pivot Plus, since I can use it in a Gillette GII (Trac II) or Contour (Atra); however, based on my recent buy I'm inclined to think that Personna have changed the formulation of the 'lubrastrip' - my last buy was a bulk buy and a long time ago. The strip on the recent batch seems to be far 'gloopier', to the extent that I struggled to rinse my face clean. The blades are still top notch but I might well be removing the strip in future ...

I agree with you, Dog Whiskerer, by far the best, at least to my 77 year old face are the Schick Super II’s. I generally don’t like lube strips, but I’ve found the Super II Plus from Japan are extremely sharp And the lube strip is inoffensive, and last a lon time.

I like the Personna Twins (mine do not pivot). The white strip is annoying for the first few shaves, but I can get a BBS shave with this cartridge in a Gillette PII handle. I have a tough beard, and most other cartridges do not get the job done for me (except for the Personna Caliber 3 cartridge). Longevity? Well, I am 8 shaves in on my first cartridge, and it is still going strong. At $0.20 per cartridge for a batch of 100 cartridges, I find them to be an excellent value for me.

....Wilkinson Sword/Schick Protector 3 is the 'hands down' winner for me
where are they sold? in Finland is 5miljon peopel, and they simply sell mach3 and fusions.

why they come to such small country?
- yes, because those razors simply work....

- im not salesman for gillette...

where are they sold? in Finland is 5miljon peopel, and they simply sell mach3 and fusions.

why they come to such small country?
- yes, because those razors simply work....

- im not salesman for gillette...
You could try buying from Wilkinson Sword own website. The UK/European WS websites would probably ship to Finland.

Top Bottom