What's new

Best all round razor that is made in USA

Also depends if it should be a currently manufactured razor.
Else you are bound to stumble on some of the classic Gillette’s.
For holland it is going to be difficult you can still get made in holland Schick platinum de blades but for a razor there is a classic shick injector

First, there is no absolute ‘best’ of anything IMHO. What’s best for me may prove unacceptable to you.

Some great suggestions above if you are interested in current production.

I would also (humbly) add that you should consider some ‘vintage‘ options. For example, the Slim in a very fine shaver that provides great value for the $$!! :a29:

I have to agree with the folks that answered Timeless. The SS and Ti razors have a unique and distinct look, plus they are amazing shavers. The cutting angle is intuitive, and you can almost go on "auto-pilot" while using it. This is a great razor for new DE shavers, and for more experienced shavers who want a worry free shave.

I have to agree with the folks that answered Timeless. The SS and Ti razors have a unique and distinct look, plus they are amazing shavers. The cutting angle is intuitive, and you can almost go on "auto-pilot" while using it. This is a great razor for new DE shavers, and for more experienced shavers who want a worry free shave.

Thanks timeless is definitely on my radar for team usa!

Of course I am seeking for absolute best because since we r talking about preferences that is unanswerable. However I would like to know what people's choice of their best razors are...

I am not really interested in vintage razors.

First, there is no absolute ‘best’ of anything IMHO. What’s best for me may prove unacceptable to you.

Some great suggestions above if you are interested in current production.

I would also (humbly) add that you should consider some ‘vintage‘ options. For example, the Slim in a very fine shaver that provides great value for the $$!! :a29:

Also depends if it should be a currently manufactured razor.
Else you are bound to stumble on some of the classic Gillette’s.
For holland it is going to be difficult you can still get made in holland Schick platinum de blades but for a razor there is a classic shick injector

Thanks but I will stick to double edge razor at this time.

Nothing wrong with that.
As long as you have an idea of what kind (agressive, mild) of razor you want you should be able to find what you want. There are lots of great razors out there it is just finding what you like first. Which might change in time also.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Timeless arrived today with some other birthday presents my wife got me.

New stuff.jpg

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
When we talk about "all round" and "made in USA", I think of Rex Ambassador.
Luxurious appearance, more than ten pieces of machined parts, can change the gap...

Personal experience is YMMV, but she is absolutely comprehensive and amazing.

67973307_2434509173254638_3095954702043447296_o.jpg

When we talk about "all round" and "made in USA", I think of Rex Ambassador.
Luxurious appearance, more than ten pieces of machined parts, can change the gap...

Personal experience is YMMV, but she is absolutely comprehensive and amazing.

View attachment 1123392

Thanks for that reference. I was dissuaded by the roots of people shaving with it who have found the rex quite aggressive in feel and lacking in smoothness compared to some other razors.

In tbe end I opted for the tradere which I am eagerly awaiting

Thanks for the reference- I hadn't heard of carbon shaving before this. Their standard razors look very similar to wolfman wr2 with wrh7 handles in design - is that right?
No, the Carbon CX head and handle look nothing like the WR2 and WRH7. The WR2 head is really unique in terms of its design ... really nothing else like it. The WRH7 handle has a couple of admirers (read: copycats); the one I like the most, more so than the WRH7 is TiBam's New York handle.

I was mainly referring to the handles which grant most of the look of the razors to me.

No, the Carbon CX head and handle look nothing like the WR2 and WRH7. The WR2 head is really unique in terms of its design ... really nothing else like it. The WRH7 handle has a couple of admirers (read: copycats); the one I like the most, more so than the WRH7 is TiBam's New York handle.

Of course I am seeking for absolute best because since we r talking about preferences that is unanswerable. However I would like to know what people's choice of their best razors are...

I am not really interested in vintage razors.

I just realised in this post by me i had missed out typing "not" in the first sentence! Where it comes to razor preferences there is no absolute best as it depends on which razor one likes which is very subjective.

Top Bottom