What's new

Best all round razor that is made in USA

I have gotten an idea to have in my rotation an all international cast of razors, only one from each country that is known to have great makers of razors. I dont own a razor made in the States yet. Is there a consensus here on a short list of the best all round double edged razors that are available for sale currently in USA?

By all round best, I mean razors that do not have any weakness whatsoever and that are strong in all areas - fit and finish, cutting efficiency, smoothness and glide and comfort, and design aesthetic in your view.

Rockwell 6S (still made in the USA, I believe, unlike the 6C)
Timeless: a few to choose from, in stainless steel/ bronze/ Titanium/ aluminum
Blackland: a few to choose from in stainless steel/ brass
Charcoal Goods: stainless steel/ brass/ copper (although he’s just liquidated inventory, as he’s about to move to another state, so unlikely to have new stock until later in the fall)
Rex Ambassador (if you prefer an adjustable razor)
Above The Tie: has been made in the USA, including all current razors in stock, has just announced some future razors to be made overseas

They all make great razors, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.... depends what you’re after (material, efficiency level, etc) and how much you’re willing to spend, of course...

Unfortunately, there’s no consensus on the color of the Earth’s sky, let alone ‘best’ razor. You’ll receive several opinions which name several razors. You may need to ‘try them all’ and decide for yourself.
That's ok.....I suspect there are a number of razors that most people will name amongt their choices and that's a good starting place to narrow down on.

So which razors are you getting for all the other nations?
There are a lot of razors made in the US, everyone will have a favourite.

So which razors are you getting for all the other nations?
There are a lot of razors made in the US, everyone will have a favourite.

I have a made in china razor while a DE89 should represent England adequately. I also have a fatip piccolo SE for italy. I have also ordered a tatara masamune from portugal.

I have a made in china razor while a DE89 should represent England adequately. I also have a fatip piccolo SE for italy. I have also ordered a tatara masamune from portugal.

Good call on the Tatara.
Canada could be expensive and take a while to arrive.
Pils for Germany?

Thanks for the reference- I hadn't heard of carbon shaving before this. Their standard razors look very similar to wolfman wr2 with wrh7 handles in design - is that right?

Be warned. The Cheapskate club for men may well converge upon this thread to tell you what you don't need.

I'll throw Carbon Shaving into the mix. Dude makes a real nice shaver.

I looked up charcoal goods razors but he doesnt seem to have a wide range available except a ss level 2 razor...

That’s because he had to stop manufacturing due to lockdown, etc, and won’t restart until the fall, after he’s moved to a different state.

Good call on the Tatara.
Canada could be expensive and take a while to arrive.
Pils for Germany?

Yes I did note the prices for wolfman - very high indeed! But I figure I wont get an united nations of razors here as I cannot afford too many and there r only 7 days in a week anyway so there s natural limit for the total number I want to get!

This is why I ordered a Timeless. I liked some of the handles that CG offered though...nice looking...unique.

Yes I do agree the maze handle looks interesting for eg and the solid copper looks unique...the maintenance will probably be prohibitive to keep on polishing them to keep their nice red sheen...

I agree on the timeless especially with scalloped cap - now that's a unique and very nice look...

Haircut and Shave Co is another for the US

Thanks- the high polish limited edition one looks very nice in fit and finish but the design looks a little too similar to some other razors and doesnt seem to stand out so much for me or be distinctive enough somehow

Top Bottom