What's new

Best all natural shave soaps?

I'm kind of a tree hugger guy.......................

Only eat non GMO organic fruit and veg, free range, humane kill meats, etc. And don't even get me started on badger brushes!! LOL

So I'm looking for shave products that are hopefully all natural and organic if such a think exists?? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if their soap qualifies as organic, but the soap is Vegan. I would recommend trying Soap Commander, if you email them they will answer any questions you might have and they are super friendly! Another soap that is vegan but not sure if classified as organic that I really enjoy is saponoficio varesino.

For brushes go to italianbarber.com and buy a razorock plisoft.

Hope that helps, and welcome to B&B

Most of the artisanal soaps are, probably, what you are looking for as they have very simple ingredients and you would be supporting individuals who put great effort into making a wonderful product. There are too many to list, but
here are a few:

Mystic Water
Mike's
Cold River
Shannon's
Catie's Bubbles
Barrister & Mann
Sapone di Paolo
Stirling
et cetera

Out of curiosity, I just googled "organic shaving soap" and did not come up with any brands that I recognize from the soap forum.

I think it might be hard to find an organic tallow-based soap given the relative scarcity of organic beef. I imagine it would be difficult to maintain a certifiable source of organic tallow without a dedicated processor. I don't know enough about the industry to know if such a thing exists.

Also, what is your definition of "natural"? Most of the soaps out there have artificially produced fragrances. Mike's and Sterling produce essential-oil-only soaps. Chiseled Face also has a nice one, Cedar & Spice. Maggard's Lime and Bergamot is EO only.

Most of the artisanal soaps are, probably, what you are looking for as they have very simple ingredients and you would be supporting individuals who put great effort into making a wonderful product. There are too many to list, but
here are a few:

Mystic Water
Mike's
Cold River
Shannon's
Catie's Bubbles
Barrister & Mann
Sapone di Paolo
Stirling
et cetera

Spot on list!!

I just hope you don't wear leather belts, shoes, or wallets. No butter no milk no yogurt no cream.

I don't understand the snark here. The OP just asked for some information to meet his own needs. He didn't suggest that anyone else had to follow his lead.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Stirling's EO soaps are excellent and about as all natural as it gets. Splashes too.

Nothing inhumane about badger brushes. The badger hair comes from animals that are killed as vermin. They'd be just as dead whether or not anybody made brushes out of them.

There are very few 100% natural soaps, most use fragrance oils. US artisan brands that I know of that are 100% natural are

LA Shaving Soap (disclaimer, I don't own this brand, but I do make this soap).
Tallow + Steel (not vegan, but grass fed organic tallow)
Elvado

There are a number of brands that have a couple of natural products in their line up as well, but I don't have a list of those.

Dr.Jon's new ""essential" vol.2 line. It's vegan and only use essential oils for the scent.
He also has the regular vol. 2 which is also vegan but uses both synthetic and essential oils for the fragrance.

I have only tried his vol.1 "Hydra" and it is a great performing soap.

The vol. 2 is suppose to be a lot better than the vol.1.

Top Bottom