What's new

Best adjustable safety razor, your favourite

Rocnel sailor adjustable 2020, Gibbs, Apollo micron.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

I have a Slim and a Fatboy. I love both but neither is my favorite razor. Of all the vintage Gillettes, the Red Tip rules.

Used my '62 Slim Adjustable this morning. The last time I employed it, I tried settings 1, 3, 5 for my successive passes. It did not go well. Today I went back to 5-3-1, and the shave was as close and comfortable as you could want.

My other adjustable is the Merkur Progress. But since I get a fantastic shave with it set at its mildest point, my experience with it as an adjustable is limited.

Merkur Progress is my all time favorite razor.
I only have one adjustable razor (Merkur Progress) and I completely agree. It gives a fantastic shave, especially for my sensitive skin where I have to adjust the setting in the first pass. Possible I am weird but I also like the sound when it cuts, it also reminds me to maintain the technique when I feel the blade.
I have Timeless Ti and Karve which are wonderful razors, but still I think Merkur Progess gives me a completely good feeling. I'm pretty sure Merkur Progress will be my main razor but it will be exciting to follow the development of adjustable razors.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
IMG_20200827_205139.jpg

On this topic, my vote is Rex Ambassador.

Widely adjustable from very mild to highly aggressive, the most non-slip handle ever used in this life... you can feel the excellent quality like a solid in your hand.

Wow, can't believe I just stumbled into this thread. I LOVE adjustables, it's the kid in me who loves gadgets. I really like the Gillettes (I prefer the long handle Super myself, but I learned to shave with that). I really like the Rex for modern. I have a Model T, but find it's a bit aggressive for my taste, not as bad as my Futur (where I like the Futur clones better because they're not as aggressive).

Top Bottom