What's new

Best adjustable safety razor, your favourite

Hi all, I'm wondering which adjustable you prefer is it a newer, vintage, cheap, expensive tell me about it
Personally I'm looking for one as well I need something versatile to take down 3/4 days of growth when needed
I've been looking at several ones but I'm still undecided here's my list so far

Gillette slim adjustable ( when I ever find a mint one for a reasonable price)
Gillette fatboy ( same ⬆️ )

Merkur progress
Viking blade emperor

I like the rockwell model T as wel but it comes with a serious price tag

If money is no object, Id go Gillette Fatboy. Its still the most iconic and sought-after of the vintage Gillettes. My personal favorite and the only Gillette adjustable that I own is an '80 Gillette Super Adjustable. I have it because its my birth year razor and I love the black handle on it.
I personally dont love any of the new adjustable razors. To me, theyre just not very good. I tried a Rockwell 6S and it clogged on me all the time. I tried a Parker Variant and it had bad QC and uneven blade gap.

Last edited:
If money is no object, Id go Gillette Fatboy. Its still the most iconic and sought-after of the vintage Gillettes. My personal favorite and the only Gillette adjustable that I own is an '80 Gillette Super Adjustable. I have it because its my birth year razor and I love the black handle on it.
I personally dont love any of the new adjustable razors. To me, theyre just not very good. I tried a Rockwell 6S and it clogged on me all the time. I tried a Parker Variant and it had bad QC and uneven blade gap.
It's not an adjustable but I like my IKON ShaveCraft 101. Open comb on one side and open comb with bar on the other side. Aircraft aluminum head and steel handle. Any blade I use works well with it. Great shaves and the short handle gets under my chin and neck well too.

Gibbs, hands down my favorite. Not the easiest to find and a nice one will cost you. Nothing else compares for me. But I really like the Gillette Super Adjustable 84, and you can find one affordably. The Fatboy is great and standard. I’m not a fan of the Slim. The Toggle is really nice, but really expensive. I’m not a REX Ambassador fan and kind of sets the benchmark on price for a modern adjustable. The new Rocnel Sailor is nice, pricey, but really aggressive. You can turn it down. The Janus is similar to the Sailor in that it needs to be turned down and beyond pricey. I plan to pick up a Taiga soon as I’ve heard it’s really similar to the old Gibbs. It’s pricey, but I’m hearing worth it.

R

romsitsa

My Swing, but it’s not for sale.

DB0AD70F-6D58-4D49-98DB-966E60108122.jpeg

Adam

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I sold my Fatboy which I thought was an over rated and clumsy sledgehammer. I much preferred the Slim but ended up not using it so also moved it on. The Eclipse Red Ring is the best adjustable, and the best razor, I have ever tried. Also I loosen or tighten the cap on my three piece razors to change the aggression which gives me all the adjustability I need. It also forces me to focus on my technique.

Top Bottom