What's new

Best Acqua di Parma knockoff

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread--I probably could put it under aftershaves or soaps, too. Anyway, I really like AdP--it reminds me of the barbershop my dad took me to as a kid. However--there's no getting around the fact that it's pretty expensive. It's only $60 on Amazon, but I have my doubts on that being real...

Anyway, what knockoff is closest to the real thing? I currently have Razorock XXX soap and love the scent, but it dries my skin. I've had Stirling Piacenza and like the soap better, but the scent is a little different than XXX. I know there's also Fine Italian Citrus but I haven't been able to try that, yet. Any others? Are the EdC or aftershave splashes from any of these artisans closer to AdP than others?

I know the ultimate answer is "if that's the scent you want, then spend the money and get the real thing" but $115 for the small bottle at Nordstrom just isn't in my budget. I'm just looking for opinions on the knock-offs.

You can usually find decants available for a little cheaper online too.

I have to hand it to Fine. They may not have much in the way of skin food, but they nail their scents pretty well IMO. RR that you mention ain’t half bad either. Maybe just continue use and add some skin conditioning to your post-shave routine?

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread--I probably could put it under aftershaves or soaps, too. Anyway, I really like AdP--it reminds me of the barbershop my dad took me to as a kid. However--there's no getting around the fact that it's pretty expensive. It's only $60 on Amazon, but I have my doubts on that being real...

Anyway, what knockoff is closest to the real thing? I currently have Razorock XXX soap and love the scent, but it dries my skin. I've had Stirling Piacenza and like the soap better, but the scent is a little different than XXX. I know there's also Fine Italian Citrus but I haven't been able to try that, yet. Any others? Are the EdC or aftershave splashes from any of these artisans closer to AdP than others?

I know the ultimate answer is "if that's the scent you want, then spend the money and get the real thing" but $115 for the small bottle at Nordstrom just isn't in my budget. I'm just looking for opinions on the knock-offs.

which AdP are you looking for?

The original Colonia.

i've been there, only to waste time and money looking for a knockoff.
the offering on amazon is probably real.
you can compare with the tester at nordstrom.
and if not, amazon will take it back.

i enjoy the aftershave.

acqua di parma pils brushless december 10 2018.jpg

Stirling Piacenza is the closes to the real thing that I have found. I have not tried Fine Italian Citrus, so I can't speak to that, but the other Fine aftershaves are pretty darn close to the fragrances they are cloning.

On another note, Penhaligon's makes an EdT called Castile which is terrific stuff. It is not a clone per se, but it is in the same ballpark and you may be able to find some of that for a little less than AdP.

Stirling Piacenza is the closes to the real thing that I have found. I have not tried Fine Italian Citrus, so I can't speak to that, but the other Fine aftershaves are pretty darn close to the fragrances they are cloning.

On another note, Penhaligon's makes an EdT called Castile which is terrific stuff. It is not a clone per se, but it is in the same ballpark and you may be able to find some of that for a little less than AdP.

Castile is great; orange citrus cologne.
IMHO, not close to AdP Colonia.

la saponeria artigiana puma schick erskine thayers castile aug 29 2014.jpg

Before Christmas, I managed to snag a bottle of AdP Colonia from Costco for $70CDN. They clearanced out all the cologne after Christmas so there is none in my local ones anymore, but I'd expect that they'd have them again around Father's day if your patient.

The Asylum Shave Works Colonia (made by SV) mentioned previously is indeed what you are looking for. There is a superb soap and an aftershave available that fit the bill.

Top Bottom