What's new

Best AC blade for the Blackland Vector?

Blade Choice

• Total voters
Recently, the Schick Prolines were taken off the list of blades recommended by Blackland because they do not consistently fit the Vector. What are peoples favorite blades for the Vector that are currently recommended by Blackland?

Well, I have not had an issue with the prolines and they are my blade of choice. The titan milds are imo anything but 'mild'.
For a guarded blade, I way prefer the Protouch mg.

I like Kai Captain Titan milds in my vector but the Feather professionals fit better. Shick prolines are a not a good fit on the pins but you can force it on. It's tough to remove so I would not recommend it.

For people comparing the vector to the Razorock hawk, the vector has a bigger blade gap so it's more aggressive. I like a milder blade with a more aggressive razor. And a sharper blade with a milder razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Depends on my mood. Most of the time I use the Schick Proline (never had an issue with the Proline not fitting in the Vector) or the Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG. If I feel like a "walk on the wild side", I'll use a Feather Pro Super. :)

Unfortunately, I experienced the Proline variable fit issue. Prolines were historically my most used AC blade type. Shortly before my Vector purchase, I had ordered a new pack of Prolines from one of the online shaving stores. I attempted to install one and it wouldn't seat all the way on the Vector plate, binding on the outer posts. If I tried to force it, the blade would begin to bulge up. Not realizing this was a known issue, I had reached out to Shane. He noted the fit issue, and I ultimately moved on to Feather Pros and Kai Pinks. I happen to have a ~3 year old Proline from a try a blade order and it fits perfectly.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately, I experienced the Proline variable fit issue. Prolines were historically my most used AC blade type. Shortly before my Vector purchase, I had ordered a new pack of Prolines from one of the online shaving stores. I attempted to install one and it wouldn't seat all the way on the Vector plate, binding on the outer posts. If I tried to force it, the blade would begin to bulge up. Not realizing this was a known issue, I had reached out to Shane. He noted the fit issue, and I ultimately moved on to Feather Pros and Kai Pinks. I happen to have a ~3 year old Proline from a try a blade order and it fits perfectly.
I bought 200 or so Prolines from Japan a couple of years ago. So far, they've all fit my Vector. :)

My Kai Captain ProTouch MG Blades don’t fit in my Ti Vector - the holes are too close together to fit over the posts. Has anyone else had this problem? My Schick Prolines fit fine.

Top Bottom