What's new

Best 3 DE razors of the last 5 years

1) Aluminum Karve -

Simply the finest DE I have used in 20 years wet shaving. Not the Stainless or Brass. Aluminum. Light & nimble allowing for pressure resulting in the smoothest, closest shaves available.

2) Wolfman TI WR2 .95 -

Wonderful smooth daily shaver.

3) Paradigm 17-4 -

Classic DE that delivers a great shave every time.

Are you saying lighter razors allow for more pressure thus bettering the shave?

The way the Artisans are releasing products, 5 years seems like a long lookback !

I think the best thing happening in the last 5 years (2015 onwards since we are in early Jan 2021) is the variety of stainless steel / Brass / Aluminum razors in the market from ATT, Razorock, Timeless, Karve, Blackland, SS Rex ambassador Brass Pearl Flexi which are CNC milled. SS Supply / Rockwell which are injection molded.

Stainless Steel / Brass / Aluminum Razors have upped the game in sub $100 as well as higher price points. I rate Rockwell, Karve and Razorock in the value for money releases.

Last edited:
At this time I would say the three best I have ever used so far are the H & S PO76 in titanium, the Tatara Masamune and the Feather ASD2. Other contenders are the 2020 paradigm diamondback , the 2020 rocnel sailor and the PILS. I have the wolfman wr2 next on my sights so my list of the best ever may change in order in the future.

There's plenty awesome and expensive razors but if I would rate on finish efficiency and price these would be my top 3 so far

Razorock Game Changer
Karve christopher bradley
Rockwell 6S/6C

1) Henson (both Aluminum and the new Titanium version) (no razor producer machines to .005 inch tolerances)
2) Razorock Lupo (both Aluminum and the newest Stainless Steel versions)
3) Razorock Game Changer (both .68 and .84 plates)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock 2nd generation Lupo .72- very nice mid range, good design and quality workmanship .

Razorock game changer - mid range <. Very nice to handle on face with good quality control. I like to use a Kai SS blade IMO.

Oneblade Core Version 2- mild razor. They use a Proprietary blade FHS-10. I get a real good 3 pass shaves with no irritation or weepers, good daily driver.

My best three? That's a tough question as I've bought lots in the past five years.
Standouts so far have been.

ATT SE1
ATT SE2
ATT X1
Blackland Blackbird
Blackland Era
Blackland Sabre
Executive Shaving Outlaw
Executive Shaving Claymore
Feather AS-D2
Timeless Bronze
Timeless Titanium
Karve Christopher Bradley Aluminium
Karve Overlander
Muhle Rocca

Three best is tough as too many people are not like everyone else in thinking, beard, or skin condition. Recommendations & Likes are individual thing, like your Finger Print on Right Thumb. Other Finger Prints on your right hand is not same.

Interesting thread to revive and update. Since the thread started in 2019 there have been a lot of really exceptional new razors launched. If anything this has accelerated. I would heartily recommend the following being as good or better than anything that came before:

Lambda Athena
Lambda Ares
Karve Overlander
Atelier Durdan La Faulx (SE)
Blutt Rasur BR-1
Rocnel Elite 2022 model
Irving Barber Co. (replaceable blade straight razor)

There are probably others but these are the new razors I've bought and used personally which I found to be exceptional.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Interesting thread to revive and update. Since the thread started in 2019 there have been a lot of really exceptional new razors launched. If anything this has accelerated. I would heartily recommend the following being as good or better than anything that came before:

Lambda Athena
Lambda Ares
Karve Overlander
Atelier Durdan La Faulx (SE)
Blutt Rasur BR-1
Rocnel Elite 2022 model
Irving Barber Co. (replaceable blade straight razor)

There are probably others but these are the new razors I've bought and used personally which I found to be exceptional.
It was interesting reading about new razors made 5 years in and before 2019. A lot has happened since then. As far as the last 5 years from today, I have a few of them that I love as well. My list is similar to yours since I bought quite a few razors because of your recommendations.

Lambda Athena (First available in 2022)
ESC Claymore Evolution (2021)
Blutt BR-1 (2022)
ATT X1 AC Slant (2021)
Green Cult 2.0 (2022)
Rocnel Elite (2022)

It's been a good time to get into traditional wet shaving, as I did in February of 2022. There sure are so nice options in my little collection that were not available prior to 2021.

Overlander
Henson
Blackbird

This could change tomorrow

Honorable mentions are ATT X1 and Razorock Gamechanger, Winning Razor
Looking at getting an Overlander and as someone who owns both that and a Game Changer, how would they compare in your opinion?

Top 3:
1. 6S - maybe one of the best ways to learn to shave and get a great shave!
2. Lupo - quality for not a lot of money
3. Game Changer .84 - said a million times all over B&B but similar to the Lupo, such a fantastic shaver for not a lot of money!

Looking at getting an Overlander and as someone who owns both that and a Game Changer, how would they compare in your opinion?

Top 3:
1. 6S - maybe one of the best ways to learn to shave and get a great shave!
2. Lupo - quality for not a lot of money
3. Game Changer .84 - said a million times all over B&B but similar to the Lupo, such a fantastic shaver for not a lot of money!

I like them both. The overlander has quickly become my favorite razor. It’s a buttery smooth shaver and I highly recommend it.

Top Bottom