What's new

Best 2020 soaps? (lather wise)

I've tried most of the artisan soaps and owned many, too. Gratefully, I decided to cull my wardrobe down to my favorites and stay there. I also got tired of chasing the next "best" soap base or cool label and stuck with the consistent companies that I respect. My favorite and only soaps are made by:

Mikes
Caties
Sudsy Soapery
CRSW
Lather Bros
Wholly Kaw

Wholly Kaw fits into the supper soap base category but I just can't give up their La Fougère Parfaite. Just superb.

Right now my conclusions of my favourite shaving soaps purely in terms of lather wise are (in no particular order)...

DG milksteak
Ethos
Extro
Martin de candre
Wholly kaw siero

Wholly Kaw Siero. By a fairly wide margin, actually, I can't think of another soap I've recently tried that was that slick, yet protective. And King of Oud is a fantastic scent

Behind that would be Barrister and Mann Seville

PAA, Long Rifle, Soap Commander, WSP, Sudsy Soapery, also the above mentioned CRSW Olivia.
These are all soaps that have been around prior to 2020 and all of the new bases but lather probably better.
I have found some of the new bases more finnicky in the lather dept., not necessarily worst lather though.

Entonces, ¿cuáles crees que son actualmente los mejores jabones/cremas que existen? Me refiero a aquellos con la espuma más rica, con el mejor "después" de la sensación de afeitar, que no se secan la cara y jabones realmente excepcionales?

Veo tantos recién llegados a esta zona, así que dame tu top 3-5 o incluso diez ahora días
[/CITA]
KOEjecutar
KOEjecutar

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
SSAD kicked in...CRSW Glide just out with a new name Etherea...

CRSW Glide
CRSW Oliva
Wholly Kaw Siero
Barrister & Mann Seville

check back in a few days...

the usual suspects. its a soap. mankind figured it out by now how to make it properly lol. well, if its a straight forward no nonsense recipe and not a petro-chemical-industry 'sponsored' product at least.

we can call everything 'artisan' this and artisan that all day - but in the end of the day its maybe minimal incremental, not even evolutionary let alone revolutionary what is offered from these so called artisans, that funny enough 'need' to change their bases on a yearly basis lol. good ok base, premium price and a cheap ugly plastic dish is often the characteristics that all 'new' artisan soaps share - thats the conclusion and real talk after 20y of wetshaving and uncountable kg of soaps/crops/creams. :a41:

Any of the soaps in Barrister & Mann's Soft Heart series. Takes the best parts of the Reserve and Excelsior base and dials it up to 12.

Any of the A&E Kaizen base soaps.... super performance plus I love the the scents.

Barrister & Mann Excelsior base..... same league

Tabac? of course

Top Bottom