What's new

Best 2020 soaps? (lather wise)

So, what do you think are currently the BEST soaps/creams out there? I mean those with the most richest lather, with the best "after" the shave feeling, that don't dry your face and really outstanding soaps?

I see so many new comers to this area, so give me your top 3-5 or even ten now days

from the ones I tried so far these are the ones that stands out for me

Stirling Piacenza
Barrister & mann seville
Tobs jermyn street
A&E Monte Carlo and Kaizen
Razorock xxx (mainly because of the scent)
Cella bio (green)

Soaps,
Harris - Arlington
Harris - Windsor
Kent.

Creams,
Santa Maria Novella
Taylor - Sandalwood
Saponificio Bignoli - Antica Ricetta

How are those? never tried but seem people like them

1. Moon Soaps Shaving Soap
  2. Wholly Kaw (Tallow version)
  3. Oaken Lab v3
  4. Ariana & Evans Shaving Soap
And if you have more ideas, looking for "new stuff" with tons of high quality "thick" lethar

Stirling Sheep - unscented, but made from pure performance. Slickness, residual slickness, and post shave feel all excellent.
Haslinger Schaffmilch - it was ok, but since I face lather it, it is awesome! And lovely light powdery scent
Palmolive stick - this small little piece of soap can pick a fight with Stirling a pull up a tie

A little late to the Razorrock soap game; but I can attest that these are the best soaps I've tried in 2020. Excellent post-shave feel.

I'll go generic:

Soaps
- Murphy & McNeil (Aon & Kodiak Base)
- Southern Witchcrafts (Vegan)
- Barrister & Mann (Excelsior Base)
- Ariana & Evans (Kaizen Base)
- Tallow + Steel (Tallow)

Creams
- La Toja
- GFT

Last edited:
DR Harris - any scent
Tabac
Czech & Speak - any scent
Saponificio Varesino - any scent
Klar Seifen - any scent

These 5 soaps are extremely hard to beat when it comes to general all round performance...lather consistency, slickness and after shave feel. I'm sure there are other soaps out there that are slicker or might provide a slightly better after shave feel, however, I have not found any other soaps yet that offer such a balanced performance across all the important categories we look for in a complete shaving soap.

Top Bottom