What's new

Best 2 blade cartridge/razor

which is your favorite

• Total voters
Exploring the world of 2 blade carts recently. Like both the Sensor and Atra Plus. Getting quick irritation free, close shaves. Not sure if those are the best, if there are others generally considered better. Between vintage and modern, and carts from different mfg which fit various handles, I am finding there are an awful lot of choices so I am hoping to get some ideas what to try next.

My Sensor with two blade no lube strip carts works great for me.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
do you know the name of the cart for Sensor without lube strips, the only ones I have seen have them and I would like to try one without lube.

do you know the name of the cart for Sensor without lube strips, the only ones I have seen have them and I would like to try one without lube.
I'm sorry I was thinking of Trac-II carts without the lube strip. Sensor had the lube strip. You can remove it with a razor blade.

Clayton

I'm sorry I was thinking of Trac-II carts without the lube strip. Sensor had the lube strip. You can remove it with a razor blade.

Clayton

Oh, I do have some Trac II carts without a lube strip, but have not tried them yet, thanks for clarifying. I do wish they had a lube free Sensor cart, not sure it is needed if you use a good soap/cream and prep like you would for a DE shave.

i like my Trac II and Atra but if i had to choose one it would be the Trac II ( at this moment but this could change in a year)

I was using Dorco Twin blade carts before they stopped making them. You were able to order them from their site fairly cheap with coupon codes. They moved their store to Amazon. The prices went up a bit, no more coupon codes, they also changed the design of their carts, and they don't offer the Twin anymore.

But those were my favorite before switching to DE shaving.

I am a huge fan of Trac II. This is my go-to travel razor when I have to fly. Have around 70 cartridges for it left. I also have this nice 1974 all-brass set for home use when I am in a hurry:

Trac II Brass Set 2.jpg

In June last year I posted in this thread that the Trac II was my favorite however this has changed and my preferred twin cartridge is now the Gillette sensor . Vintage metal handle. The original sensor cartridges over the excel cartridges . The blades are super sharp yet smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom