What's new

Best 1st "Quality" cream ??

The girl at my local C&E said that she had heard it had been discontinued. I know that there has been a lot of misinformation and there is always the chance that the rumors are incorrect. I guess we'll only know when it can't be had anymore. My only point was that since Rick hasn't tried any of the high end creams, he might as well try one that isn't rumored to be on it's way out. The other side of it is that at $17.50/tub, it's hard to resist such a fantastic cream.

NMMB said:
Are you certain that the C&E Sweet Almond Oil cream has been discontinued? What is your source? There has been considerable discussion on that topic here during the last few months, but nobody ever seems to get a straight answer from C&E. If it is being discontinued then it is indeed sad as it is, IMHO, the best variety offered by C&E...

g8orshavr said:
The girl at my local C&E said that she had heard it had been discontinued. I know that there has been a lot of misinformation and there is always the chance that the rumors are incorrect. I guess we'll only know when it can't be had anymore. My only point was that since Rick hasn't tried any of the high end creams, he might as well try one that isn't rumored to be on it's way out. The other side of it is that at $17.50/tub, it's hard to resist such a fantastic cream.

Fair enough... given the C&E employees that I've encountered (and that I've heard of) I'm not sure how much faith I would put in what they say. They have all been very nice/kind, but many of them have not been especially knowledgable... but like you said, "at $17.50/tub, it's hard to resist such a fantastic cream".

One cool thing about the KMF creams...besides the low cost and easy availability, is that if you buy the size that comes with the pump, you can get consistant doses of cream.....one pump..two pumps etc. I find this very helpful in getting consistant water / cream ratios.
Cheers, DJ.

Pardon the newbie question, but can you spell out what "the three T's" are? I saw Taylor's and Trumper's mentioned; what's the other one?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'll offer a different opinion. Get any Harris cream. They're all great.

Magruder said:
Pardon the newbie question, but can you spell out what "the three T's" are? I saw Taylor's and Trumper's mentioned; what's the other one?
the 3rd is T&H, Truefitt and Hill.

g8orshavr said:
The other side of it is that at $17.50/tub, it's hard to resist such a fantastic cream.

Actually it's $12.50 in the store. I bought some the other day and it's 50% off.

It would be a shame if it has been discontinued as it's my first cream and I love the stuff. So be it though, I'll find something else I'm sure that I'll enjoy equally as much.

Sweet Almond Oil = Ambrosia (The shaving cream of the gods.)

jduffy said:
Actually it's $12.50 in the store. I bought some the other day and it's 50% off.

It would be a shame if it has been discontinued as it's my first cream and I love the stuff. So be it though, I'll find something else I'm sure that I'll enjoy equally as much.

Sweet Almond Oil = Ambrosia (The shaving cream of the gods.)

I believe it is $12.50 if you find it in the older plastic tubs or $17.50 right now for the glass jars...

I'll throw my vote in for "The Three T's" Taylor of Old Bond Street, Geo. F. Trumper, or Truefitt & Hill. Of the three, Taylor is the best value, IMO.

Don't fear the florals! Lavender smells great, and Taylor's rose is outstanding.

Regards,
Doug

I believe that Rik has given the greatest advice from leading by example. Any man who will buy one of every scent made of any product has truly found his shaving zen.

Hey Guys !!

Thanks for all the great info .

I'll probably head out to my local C&E and see if I can find some of the Almond Oil. The Scotto Sampler also sounds pretty sweet.

Smooth Shaves to you all !

Don't dismiss Truefitt & Hill's Ultimate shave cream. I got about a 1/4 ounce sample & it gave me 4 excellent shaves! Very little makes a whole lot of slick & thick lather!! I was constantly surprised that my brush managed to overflow my soup bowl with just 1/4 of the tips loaded!!!!!!

To address NNMB regarding the source for the "rumor" on the discontinuation of the C&E almond oil. Apparently they are d/c the tub, not the tube, as per the following e-mail:

I have just spoken to the Product Development Department and they said the Almond Oil Shave Cream in the pot and the refill are being retired. I do have some good news that they will continue to carry the Almond Oil Shave Cream in the Tube.

I hope this helps. I have taken your name and forwarded it on to our Marketing Department to let them know that you would like to see it stay. We have had alot of responses and have forwarded them all on to them. I hope you will enjoy the shave cream in the tube as much as you did the shave cream in the pot. Have you ever tried the Nomad, Sienna or Sandalwood? They are all the same formula just a different fragrance.

If there is anything else that we can do for you, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Pamela Ricci
Customer Service Department
Crabtree & Evelyn
P.O. Box 167
102 Peake Brook Road
Woodstock, CT 06281
(860) 928-2761 Ext. 3515
(800) 272-2873 Ext. 3515
www.crabtree-evelyn.com

Castle Forbes either Lime or Lavendar. I have NEVER gotten a lather near as rich and thick. After using those creams for a few days recently and going back to Taylor's, and Proraso I thought I forgot how to get a decent lather. I mean I couldn't get nearly as thick of a lather as I do with the Castle Forbes. Seriously give it a shot and great scents too. Best Lime out there IMHO.

stropmegently said:
To address NNMB regarding the source for the "rumor" on the discontinuation of the C&E almond oil. Apparently they are d/c the tub, not the tube, as per the following e-mail:

I have just spoken to the Product Development Department and they said the Almond Oil Shave Cream in the pot and the refill are being retired. I do have some good news that they will continue to carry the Almond Oil Shave Cream in the Tube.

Thanks for the info... for instance, I had no idea that there were "refill"s for the shaving cream pots :001_smile

Well, if it will remain available in tubes, but not in pots (for whatever illogical reason they may have) then I suppose there is no need for me to rush out and stock up as it should remain available in the future.

Top Bottom