What's new

Best $100 DE Razor

Blackland Dart, RR GC.84 or Karve.

As someone mentioned, if you have a spare handle: a Yates head and I would add the Colonial Silversmith head.....

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If you are interested, I've been comparing DE razors in the $75 to $125 range here:

If you are interested, I've been comparing DE razors in the $75 to $125 range here:

Yes, I've been following that thread closely. I recently acquired a Fatip Open Comb Slant (which is under your $75 mark) and have a Blackland Dart on its way. I have to say that there are many more fine razors in the under $100 mark than I first thought.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I've been following that thread closely. I recently acquired a Fatip Open Comb Slant (which is under your $75 mark) and have a Blackland Dart on its way. I have to say that there are many more fine razors in the under $100 mark than I first thought.

Agreed, there are a bunch of really good razors in the $75 - $150 range. Nice 'sweet spot' for razors.

I'm planning on shaving with the FOCS, even though it's under $75, and including the results for comparison. :)

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
My RazoRock Mamba .68 has become one of my favorites. Smooth, forgiving, allows for pressure, and with a thin, well designed head, makes easy work of shaving one's upper lip. At well under $100, it's a no-brainer (at least it was for me).

Rockwell 6S is the best bang for the buck razor at $100 for me. I do get improvements on higher price points, but, not as dramatic as when I switched to a Rockwell.

In terms of upper $100
Best value: Rockwell 6S;
Best quality: Blackland Dart, Karve CB;
Adding Ascension Stainless as it's an excellent razor and under a $100. Surprisingly smooth for OC razor (I always prefer closed comb but was pleasantly surprised by this one) and very efficient. You can fine-tune it to be even more aggressive, this razor is basically 3 razors in 1.

The other one I liked is the WCS 'Merica razor, which is virtually identical to my current #1 razor YPM 921-M - they are the same razors. For 2/3rds the price of the original it's hard to beat, and the handle with magnet is cool!

Muehle Rocca (V4)
Start 0.9 CC
IMG_20201214_155034.jpg
IMG_20201227_161006.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock Lupo 2nd generation .72, mid range, works well on my beard type. Works well with any Standard blade.
Razorock Game changer .84 with a Kai SS blade is real nice shave for my medium beard regular non sensitive skin type IMO.

Top Bottom