What's new

Bespoke Suit - arrived but made with wrong fabric!

So I was measured for a suit three weeks ago. Spent an hour plus picking out just the right fabric, color, pattern, etc.

Well, the suit arrived and fits GREAT! BUT, it is not the fabric I selected. How would you handle this?

Thanks.

More details please.....who made it ? from where ? photos as Columbus Lugosi suggests....what material did you request? what is the material you received ?

Is the fabric close to what you want? Or is it way off? Do you have your fabric choice recorded on paper somewhere?

I'm assuming we're talking about a made-to-measure suit and not a bespoke suit? Go back to the guy who measured you and return the thing.

Hopefully your choice is documented on paper. If so, back the suit goes. Alternatively, if the fabric is close and acceptable to you, perhaps they will give you a rebate.

Made to measure - probably their fault if you have everything documented. A truly bespoke / hand made suit would require several fitting sessions, and by then I hope you would have noticed the fabric being off.

You don't say where you purchased the suit. I can tell you that you can't get a bespoke suit in three weeks. I am in the process of getting one made right now & I won't get the suit until September.

Top Bottom