What's new

Bernie Madoff gets 150 years for Ponzi Scheme

Guess his defense lawyer's plea for leniency didn't fly. Hope he packs plenty of KY along with his toothbrush.

It seems that several people have successfully pulled off these schemes lately. People really need to do some research before investing, or better yet, invest themselves.

It'd be interesting to see how bad of a beating Madoff's prison buddies will give him.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
His children, grandchildren, and as yet to be born great-grandchildren should have to live in trailer parks, to match the fate of some of his victims.

It seems that several people have successfully pulled off these schemes lately. People really need to do some research before investing, or better yet, invest themselves.

It'd be interesting to see how bad of a beating Madoff's prison buddies will give him.

I personally don't consider getting 150 years a "success."

And Ouch, I would prefer they live in a rusted out boxcar out in Death Valley.

Madoff scammed TONS of people- he even cleaned out Elie Wiesel's Foundation for Humanity. Bankrupting a Holocaust survivor? That's cold. I can't imagine prison will be remotely fun for him. Let's spend millions of taxpayer dollars keeping him alive as long as possible so he can enjoy prison. I don't necessarily believe in an afterlife, so it's important to me that he suffers NOW.

Was Madoff a success? Relatively. Carlo Ponzi managed to make his scheme last for a period of months, Madoff for how many years?

So now he gets to live at the tax payer's expense - continuing his lifetime of free loading. He should be required to pay for his board and lodging, such as it is.

Too bad those 150 years won't be spent in maximum security prison with the other thieves.
No, unfortunately it will be spent in Federal prison, which is somewhat better (but no picnic). Federal facilities are generally less rundown, suffer less from overcrowding, and contain a better class of criminal, generally white collar.

I'm sure he will get time off for good behavior, but even so I would expect that once he goes in he will never see the light of day again.

While I am proud of my court system today, I'm dismayed that they failed to respond to my plea for public decapitation of Mr. Madoff.

No, unfortunately it will be spent in Federal prison, which is somewhat better (but no picnic). Federal facilities are generally less rundown, suffer less from overcrowding, and contain a better class of criminal, generally white collar.

I'm sure he will get time off for good behavior, but even so I would expect that once he goes in he will never see the light of day again.

In the federal joint, the prisoner has to serve 85% of his sentence. He will die in prison.

Top Bottom