What's new

BERKELEY CALIF. BANS MANHOLES

California politicians at work: Berkeley Bans “Manholes”
Manhole_without_manhole_cover_in_Villebon-sur-Yvette_4.jpg
CRMAN.gif
man7.png
manz.png
MANGHG.gif

Is this PC speech mandatory in Berkley? If so will psychiatrists treat it as a histrionic disorder. Will Lady Ga Ga have to change her name to Person Ga Ga to perform in Berkley? To treat this equally we will need to come up with new words such as herring, heroine, heretic, hernia, etc. And then there's words that contain she such as shellfish, sheep, etc.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
A ballcock valve must now be called a flow governor.
One plumber has been reported to be willing to install a ballcock for $60 but if you insist on a flow governor that would be $400.

I believe that the language is only for the purpose of written statutes. That's the way around this not being a blatant violation of the constitution. As it is, I could see this being challenged.

Have to say, what happened to that Sprinter would make me soil my pants.
I had a MANHOLE cover in front of my house blow one time. Sounded like a huge bomb, sent the disc at least 6 stories high , and by luck ,came down without hitting anything..

Can you imagine doing this with the SPANISH language? Masculine and feminine designations are a fundamental part of the language. Bus is masculine, television is feminine, map is masculine, etc.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I love America. We truly have so few problems, and so many politicians with so little to do, that we have to invent things to be troubled over. What a great time to be alive!

I love America. We truly have so few problems, and so many politicians with so little to do, that we have to invent things to be troubled over. What a great time to be alive!
No, it is just that working on the economy, border security, crime, etc. are more work.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Soon the word Humankind will not be allowed. I mean, how would that make space aliens feel? They would be marginalized.

Opps...I used the word alien...should have said other beings or other life forms.

Ridiculous.

But it's Berkeley, and a City Council. It doesn't seem to matter where it's at...no matter how intelligent the City Council members are individually, it seems that once they come together as a group they are all idiots.

Top Bottom