What's new

Bergamote Bergamote it's hard to yell when the barells in your mouth

Just got a decant of Bergamote 22 from Archerfire (great service as usual). This after being exposed to the Le Labo Bergamote 22 body lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner at the hotel I recently stayed at.

This is going to get a lot of play this summer. This is a perfect warm weather scent. I like it because it's a citrus that isn't a "I smell like an orange peel" type thing that I get with a lot of neroli based frags and the "I smell like a squeezed lemon" that I get from other scents like Edition Blanche Allure or even the Bergamote by Acqua Di Parma blue line.

Anyone else a fan of this?

Yes! In fact, Bergamote replaced Rose 31 in my collection. Because most folks have tried Rose 31 but Bergamote, I often describe it as "take out the rose and replace it with bergamot." I felt like the bergamot notes were suitable for even the hot muggy southern summers but the woody incense notes made it feel modern and very masculine. Plus, a little goes a long way and I can't say that for a lot of my other summer favorites. Yes, I'm a big fan of this one.

Have your tried Le Labo's Neroli, though? Too clean and soft for me. It's like taking the woody-incense notes out of Bergamot and replacing them with something ambrette or something.

I have not tried the neroli.

The creator of rose 31 is same person who made 22, so your comment about them sharing the same woody base is true.

Bergamote 22 is very nice - seems to me to be one of Le Labo's underrated offerings. There are a lot of takes on the classic EdC, and to me, the majority are so similar as to be the same. Bergamote stands out with Villoresi's Acqua di Colonia as a more original interpretation.

Le Labo's Neroli is a different beast. It's very smooth, slightly soapy, and a bit sweet. It's very close to a room scent that my piano teacher used. While it brings back nice memories, it's not something I want to wear. YMMV.

I see Fragrantica lists Xerjoff Nio as being similar to Le Labo Bergamote 22 and I have been trying to get my hands on a sample of Xerjoff Nio. Has anyone tried Xerjoff Nio or had the opportunity to compared these two?

jay-z reference? (or is that a line that he took from somewhere else?) why for? . . . why not? . . . fragrance sounds nice.

yep - I had a chance to see Jay-Z at Madison Square Garden in 2005. He brought T.I and I'm pretty sure they did "Bring 'em out". I was workin' at a DJ record store at the time and we sold the 12" single for it. Ahh memories.

Nice use of Bergamote - I get it now ;)

Top Bottom