What's new

Benelli on the Way

Everything I have read about them sounds good, and my wife has some cousins in S Ga that have switched to them for quail and doves and like them. I have a couple of 45+ year old Remington 1100's that honestly have not been shot that much, but perform great for me. One is a standard 12 ga, the other one of the LT models in 20 ga. I did a few years ago acquire some new barrels with removable choke tubes, to replace the fixed choke barrels that I had, also had a skeet barrel and a rifled slug barrel for my old 12 ga.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A buddy got a great deal on a 12 gauge Benelli a few years ago. He has taken innumerable geese and ducks with it and loves it. I have seen it, I didn't even handle it for fear of lusting after it too much. He's a heck of a shooter, I think he could hit more skeet with a .22 than I could with a twelve gauge. He says it makes him a better shot. I honestly have no idea what model it is.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Got a righteous deal on a Benelli Montefeltro 12 Gauge. I pick it up in a few days, then to the clays range on Thursday.
Never owned a Benelli before. Word has it that it’s the Glock of shotguns.
Any experienced users out there who can offer some insight as to what I may expect?

I've only ever shot the M4 Super 90, and it did seem to have that Glock toughness... :)

You will like it.

Traded off my other shotties when I got mine - and I rarely get rid of guns.

AA
I might like it if I got one , but have some others I will never part with. Lika a 1910 Parker GH, a little 28ga Darne, and a 16ga Charlin, both double barrel sliding breech French guns, a Husqvarna sxs sidelock hammer gun, the Ithaca SKB sxs and an old Win 101 o/u 20 ga. Guess you can see I like doubles.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I was looking at both Benelli and Browning, I am getting closer to the A5 it just feels better when I shoulder it. The Montefeltro Silver sure is pretty though.

Dont overlook a Beretta semi auto.

A gas gun usually is a very soft shooter. I have a Beretta AL391 Sporting that is a pleasure to shoot as far as semi autos go. With that said, I rarely shoot it. I prefer a 0/U. Of course a good O/U cost 2 to 3 times what a good semi costs.

Last edited:

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Great shotguns. I have a LH Benelli SBE I. I hemmed and hawed over a LH 20ga Montefeltro that I saw in a LGS down in Brazoria Co. Beautiful wood. Went back the next weekend and someone else snagged it. Haven't seen another one since doggone it.

0D43B705-95B4-48D1-B921-28E570BC60DC.jpeg

...and here we have it.

Top Bottom