What's new

Benchmade Infidel

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I‘m on board with not seeing much use in a dagger... but then, there’s not much use in much of anything in my house. All anyone ever needs is one knife. I know this because when I took a job away from home, I only brought one kitchen knife, and one pocket knife to the place. It was all I needed. A little boring though.

Profound words of wisdom.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thanks. It’s A little handle heavy. About an inch back which makes it great for handling, but probably kills any aspirations to be thrown.

View attachment 1169702

It checks all the boxes! Has great lines, feel and Benchmade quality.

Guess I learned from smaller double edged knives (AG Russell's Sting), not all daggers are for taking out Axis sentries, LOL. Just two useful edges. One for tough tasks, one to try and keep sharp.

Daggers sometimes fall down on having a snappable point, hunting buddy broke my Gerber's tip (that idiot! :letterk1:)

AA

It checks all the boxes! Has great lines, feel and Benchmade quality.

Guess I learned from smaller double edged knives (AG Russell's Sting), not all daggers are for taking out Axis sentries, LOL. Just two useful edges. One for tough tasks, one to try and keep sharp.

Daggers sometimes fall down on having a snappable point, hunting buddy broke my Gerber's tip (that idiot! :letterk1:)

AA
Yeah, I wouldn’t want to pry anything with the Infidel that’s for sure. This is a 100% pure in & out or slicing tool. D2 is tough, but not that tough.

Man that reminds me back in the day I was a bit rougher on my stuff - which is odd because I was also too poor to replace stuff lol. Anyway, I remember snapping the tip off of a Buck knife. I was furious. I was too dumb to send it back, and too poor to replace it. I walked around with a tip off Buck for months lol! I think I replaced it with a Kershaw. And in spite of it probably being my fault, to this day I’ve never bought a Buck again.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yeah, I wouldn’t want to pry anything with the Infidel that’s for sure. This is a 100% pure in & out or slicing tool. D2 is tough, but not that tough.

Man that reminds me back in the day I was a bit rougher on my stuff - which is odd because I was also too poor to replace stuff lol. Anyway, I remember snapping the tip off of a Buck knife. I was furious. I was too dumb to send it back, and too poor to replace it. I walked around with a tip off Buck for months lol! I think I replaced it with a Kershaw. And in spite of it probably being my fault, to this day I’ve never bought a Buck again.

Even the mighty Ka-Bar fighting knife can break a tip. It's a trade off with hm, pierceability, and the D2 will surely help.

I only have one D2, Benchmade Adamas, and I haven't tried to sharpen it. I just assume I will have trouble with it! But as of now, it's still factory sharp.

AA

Even the mighty Ka-Bar fighting knife can break a tip. It's a trade off with hm, pierceability, and the D2 will surely help.

I only have one D2, Benchmade Adamas, and I haven't tried to sharpen it. I just assume I will have trouble with it! But as of now, it's still factory sharp.

AA
I have a Kershaw machete that’s just a big slab oh of D2. I use a file to sharpen that thing. It’s great in the woods.

I also have this Extrema Ratio. It’s got a metal very similar to D2.

70EF12C9-3256-4576-8753-709FFFD3536A.jpeg

It’s an absolute bear to sharpen. Very hard to finesse that’s for sure!

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Speaking of D2, I think I only have a D2 large army knife, I even opened a post about it some time ago. It's the Israeli "Dustar Dimona" knife. But that is a completely different thing, of course. But I remember talking a few years ago with the owner of Dustar knives, and he told me (among other things) that some IDF soldier told him that his Dustar knife (I even think he mentioned an even larger and more heavily built model of "Dustar" than mine, their heaviest, biggest and most tough military large fighting knife model - the "Dustar Model 1 Arad" ), so the soldier told him that his Dustar knife broke the tip when he tried to pry open some heavy sewerage hatchway with it. I guess because he was a soldier or perhaps he would also do this for any customer (?), he agreed to fix the knife at no cost.

Speaking of D2, I think I only have a D2 large army knife, I even opened a post about it some time ago. It's the Israeli "Dustar Dimona" knife. But that is a completely different thing, of course. But I remember talking a few years ago with the owner of Dustar knives, and he told me (among other things) that some IDF soldier told him that his Dustar knife (I even think he mentioned an even larger and more heavily built model of "Dustar" than mine, their heaviest, biggest and most tough military large fighting knife model - the "Dustar Model 1 Arad" ), so the soldier told him that his Dustar knife broke the tip when he tried to pry open some heavy sewerage hatchway with it. I guess because he was a soldier or perhaps he would also do this for any customer (?), he agreed to fix the knife at no cost.
That’s a nice knife. And good on the manufacturer for fixing it. I can’t imagine it would be hard for them to do - compared to you or I lol.

It would be interesting to know if they would do that for a regular customer though.

Legion

Staff member
When trying to make something extra strong or tough my father would use the expression “soldier-proof”.

Well, there isn’t much more for me to say about this knife. I’m enamoured. It’s sleek, sharp and has a centreline that actually goes to the point. It’s pretty.

What I’m learning though is this; I’ve always bought thin folders as a point of need because that way I can still access my pocket, but who knew how advantageous thin would be on a fixed blade.

I don’t think I’ll carry this much, but I’ve been carrying it since I got it. At your 3 o'clock, it’s invisible (Note I did remove the front snap making it even thinner). Not only is it invisible, it’s comfortable! I never thought a knife this size would be so easy to carry concealed.

Note - it’s perfectly legal to do so on KS.

I like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom