What's new

Bell Beers

I love ales. I am fortunate to live near a local tavern that produces some good ones and we also have a beer store that offers an ever changing selection of ales on tap by the growler. On a recent trip down to Georgia I stop by a package store and picked up a 6 pack of Bell Pale Ale. It was fabulous. On the way home I stopped and picked up a case of the Pale ale and 2 six packs of 2 Hearted Ale. Man is THAT delicious. I have very definitely become a Bell fan. I have read about their Hopslam but have never seen it. Thoughts on Bell's?

Bell's is a great brewery, and their beers are all consistently good. I've only had Two Hearted once (and I think I was put off, just because I wasn't craving that hop taste at the time; I'd like to try it again sometime when I am so inclined), but many of their other beers regularly enter my rotation: Kalamazoo and Expedition Stouts, Porter, Best Brown Ale, Oarsman Ale. My favorite of theirs might be Oberon, their summer ale. Come to think of it, now that it's mid-80s outside, I might have to pick up a sixer of Oberon after work. Thanks for the reminder. :001_rolle

when I want the hopocalypse to occur on my tongue I'll grab a 2 hearted or an arrogant bast (from stone). It's my favorite to pair with tacos (and lots of hot sauce) at Boone Saloon :thumbup1:

I haven't met a Bell's beer I didn't like. It also helps that I can go right to the brewery and grab it directly instead of buying it from a retailer.

Hopslam is a winter beer so you won't be able to find it until around October/November ( can't remember quite when they start producing it ). I am a big stout drinker so I prefer the Java Stout which is out around the same time.

During the Summer I drink Oberon almost exclusively.. with a little Third Coast Beer as well.

Haven't tried the Two Hearted, but I am a big fan of their Oberon. I'm an ex-Michigander, so Bell's was readily available.

If you want to try some of the winter beers ( hopslam,Winter Wheat, or Java Stout ) the only way to try those now is to head up here to Kalamazoo and go to Bell's Eccentric Cafe. They carry some of those on Tap until they run out of stock. They also do special brews that are only available through Eccentric once or twice a year ( more if there is a major milestone for Bell's happening ) now not all of them are any good as they are normally experimental stuff but it is always a good time.

Bell's is a solid brewery. Two Hearted is one of my favorite IPAs. Their Best Brown is awesome too. Its kind of funny though. Bell's is a Michigan brewery. You are closer to them in TN than GA. Distribution channels are weird though and you might not get any in TN.

Bell's is a solid brewery. Two Hearted is one of my favorite IPAs. Their Best Brown is awesome too. Its kind of funny though. Bell's is a Michigan brewery. You are closer to them in TN than GA. Distribution channels are weird though and you might not get any in TN.

Yeah I know. There is no distribution in Tennessee.:mad3:

Yeah, Illinois was cut off from distribution for quite some time. We only recently started getting bells products again. Bells is good stuff, the cafe was a lot of fun the last time I was there.

I usually like most beers and Bell's are no exception but the Expedition Stout is something else. A great example of the style for sure.

Al raz.

Bell's is great stuff. I'm into their Oberon as well. I drank quite a bit of it on my UP vacation in Mackinaw. As I remember there was a Michigan Beer Tour, but I didn't have time.

Anyone from the UP? When I was there, I remember a brewpub at Taquahnamon Falls (sic). They had an awesome peach summer ale. Is it still there?

Top Bottom