What's new

Belated “Hi”

Hi. I didn’t see this “Check in” Forum when I first joined a couple of weeks ago.

My name is Bob. I live in Brooklyn, NY. I’m a retired schoolteacher and lifelong musician.

I’ve been shaving with a brush for awhile, now, and recently made the switch back to safety razors. Which, of course, created the need for a new brush…and two new razors…and another brush…

…etc…

Anyway: I’m very much enjoying this space. Glad to be here!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome officially to us my friend. You obviously haven't been insulted much here yet, because you are still here! That's a good thing, and thanks for your service as a skool teacher Sir.

Hi. I didn’t see this “Check in” Forum when I first joined a couple of weeks ago.

My name is Bob. I live in Brooklyn, NY. I’m a retired schoolteacher and lifelong musician.

I’ve been shaving with a brush for awhile, now, and recently made the switch back to safety razors. Which, of course, created the need for a new brush…and two new razors…and another brush…

…etc…

Anyway: I’m very much enjoying this space. Glad to be here!
Welcome Bob. Have fun. Learn much. It's free after all. It's that ...etc... that will cost you! 😂
Take care,
Scott

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome, glad you joined! What instrument do you play? Do you play around town any?
If he's smart he will be sure to play around when his wife is outta town! I joke! Don't tell my wife! She already broke the heads on my drums!

My main instrument is guitar. I’ve switched from solo acoustic to the electric. No gigs yet.
Love the guitar. I have a son in Brooklyn, so if you were performing around town some I was thinking next time I'm there I could catch a show. Didn't know if you were Phil Keagy behind your screen name, or not!

If he's smart he will be sure to play around when his wife is outta town! I joke! Don't tell my wife! She already broke the heads on my drums!
Playin' around when she's outta town...now THAT'S a line for a tune!

What style do you play on your shredded drum heads? Get an electronic kit. Like to see her TRY to shred those heads!
Love the guitar. I have a son in Brooklyn, so if you were performing around town some I was thinking next time I'm there I could catch a show. Didn't know if you were Phil Keagy behind your screen name, or not!
I'll definitely let you know if I'm on the circuit, again. Big change going to electric. So much easier as a solo acoustic artist in so many ways (except drawing a crowd. The more people in the band, the more seats in the chairs).

I've followed Keagy since his days with Glass Harp. He had a beautiful sunburst finish Les Paul and he made it sing. Outstanding guitarist then and now. Can't speak highly enough about him.

I'm not focusing on performing, now...though I'd like to make it happen. Putting more emphasis on recording some of my electric stuff. Here's a short ballad that I wrote/recorded on acoustic:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Welcome aboard! Yeah, that's how it goes...one new purchase after another. You'll eventually pick up some top-notch, really good stuff. Enjoy!

Happy Shaves!

Top Bottom