What's new

Being sick sucks

Ok guys, been sick with a sinus infection and raging head cold for the last 3 days and I must say I'm tired of it..I hadn't shaved since Wednesday until this morning. I got up & figured, well hell, maybe the best way to get on the road to recovery is w/a good relaxing shave, since I looked like a fur bearing mammal with 4 days of growth. The ***** of it was that as I was lathering my face w/Taylor's Rose, I couldn't smell a thing. It was a bit awkward because my brain was telling me I should be smelling the roses, but my sniffer had other plans. I even put the brush up to my nose and couldn't smell anything.

But the cool thing was that maybe for the first time, instead of smelling the enjoyment, maybe I got the FEELING of enjoyment. I dunno. But it was strange not being able to smell what I knew I should be smelling. It did knock down the enjoyment level. Between fighting to breathe through my mouth and sweating profusely due to the cold, this was not a good shave, but will suffice in a pinch..

being sick sucks..:glare:

A sinus infection and a head cold? Damn, that's rough. Hope that you feel better soon. In the meantime, however, perhaps you might try Proraso, Tom's Mint, or any other "minty" cream/soap. These scents may not be as relaxing as a floral scent, but you may actually be able to smell them (they might make it a little easier to breathe :wink2: ).

Justso said:
being sick sucks..:glare:

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad.

The good news is that if we enjoyed being sick we'd all be out there trying to get more of it.

For now we sympathize, and we suffer our own SCAD, BAD, and RAD awaiting your return to wet-shaving.

I've had this damn cough for the past week and a half. I don't have cold or a fever. I feel normal. It's sort of a dry cough. I can barely talk without coughing. Almost feels like I'm running out air when I start talking so I cough. It's really getting annoying. I've tried the regular cough medicine, etc. but it's not working. Any suggestions?

roughrider said:
I've had this damn cough for the past week and a half. I don't have cold or a fever. I feel normal. It's sort of a dry cough. I can barely talk without coughing. Almost feels like I'm running out air when I start talking so I cough. It's really getting annoying. I've tried the regular cough medicine, etc. but it's not working. Any suggestions?

Yeah. See your doctor. If you don't suffer from allergies or hay fever, your body is telling you something. Time to listen. And, please, feel better!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Yeah. See your doctor. If you don't suffer from allergies or hay fever, your body is telling you something. Time to listen. And, please, feel better!

Randy

Thanks Randy. Yeah, I'm going to make an appointment in the next few days.

Top Bottom