What's new

Behmor roaster - wire drum damage

Yes, there is a light mounted in the roof of the Behmor on the left hand side. The auto-exposure on the digicam did not adjust to the lighting conditions very well, so the recording inside the roaster is over exposed. The Behmor built-in light works pretty well but has a yellowish tint so I find that shining a mini flashlight gives a more accurate color picture of the roast, so that was added near the end of the video but it did not help with the quality of the recording.

and that was the light i was refering to. the hand held one. glad you managed to rig something together.

Doing a follow up post to show how a few beans usually get stuck in the wire mesh during each roast. The fact that a few beans get stuck is to be expected and not a big deal, I just wanted to highlight how they expand during roasting to get locked in tighter. To help visualize how the same expansion process could be damaging if a small/broken bean got underneath the leading edge of an agitation fin.

The outside half of this bean is very charred:
proxy.php

This one almost escapes, and partially broken in half:
proxy.php

But the roast turned out okay. A photo of the lightly roasted Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, where the Behmor cooling cycle engaged near the end of 1st crack.
proxy.php

Top Bottom