What's new

Behmor 1600....

I was able to get well into 2nd crack with mine on Friday, roasting 1lb. Maybe mines "super powered" but I haven't had any issues with dark roasts. With that said, it fill my house with smoke when roasted that dark, which is pretty irritating.

That's why I think something has changed since the early models. Or maybe I had a dud. Or maybe you got lucky. I'm guessing the max on P1 is still 20:30, correct? So your unit is simply pumping in more heat than mine. I've NEVER been able to get to 2nd crack with 1lb, even brand new. I stick to the 12oz size because of this. And I've checked my voltage and it's good.

I found power requirements make a big difference. Roasting on the kitchen counter I have no problem reaching 2nd crack. Using the receptacle on the back porch I almost don't make 1st. Shutting off the A/C and/or dryer makes a noticeable difference.

Yup. The Killawatt is a handle tool for roasting with the Behmor.

I agree with Joel. I was stupid enough to leave the garage door closed (didn't want the whole street reaking of coffee, but towards the end it actually made my eyes water a little. Not a whole lot of smoke, but was definitely a strong odor!

That's why I think something has changed since the early models. Or maybe I had a dud. Or maybe you got lucky. I'm guessing the max on P1 is still 20:30, correct? So your unit is simply pumping in more heat than mine. I've NEVER been able to get to 2nd crack with 1lb, even brand new. I stick to the 12oz size because of this. And I've checked my voltage and it's good.

I think it variation in manufacturing. A friend & I bought our machines within a week of each other. He always roasts 1lb batches to 2nd crack where I need to stay with 12oz.

Product label from Behmor 1600 purchased this year. It probably doesn't help clear up any question about differences in models over time, but one might think that the model number would change to reflect any internal changes.
proxy.php

I bought a Lasko Fan and rigged it up above the roaster and have the roaster next to the window, so when i'm roasting, I just flick it on and open up the window and it pumps the smoke and odor outside through the screen, without tubing or any other nonsense.

$15 fan at Target made roasting Italian a French Roasts no problem...

Top Bottom