What's new

Beginning SE?

GEM blades are everywhere, I can get them at my local walgreens and rite aids. Most of the online shops carry them also, don't worry about not being able to find GEM blades.

They're all made by Personna in the US, if they stop making them we're in trouble.

There are a few others out there, but I don't want to shave with them.

Out of concern for the lifetime of these razors... It seems that GEM blades only come from one source. How prevalent are these? I would hate for them to be discontinued should I find myself enjoying their use. Same with the Feather AC style. Not many makers and it would be a shame if Feather changed their design making a razor obsolete...

There's actually a few companies making AC blades including Dorco, Kai, and Schlick (Japan).

There are also other companies making Gem style blades. The problem is that none of them seem to be usable for shaving. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gem blades with shaving quality edges have many uses other than shaving, mostly in the medical field. Note that on the bulk packaging they don't even call them "razor" blades. Only a tiny percentage of the blades sold are used for shaving.

There are literally millions of barbers and hair stylists worldwide using Feather Artist Club razors, so I don't anticipate the supply of those blades drying up, either.

--Bob

Top Bottom