What's new

Beginner's Guide To Using An Adjustable Razor

True. I can remember at least 5 times when I read something on B&B and then bought something.
Yeah mate. I've been using my dear old Edwin Jagger for some time. Bought another EJ a while back in case I somehow damaged the current one. Bought the Parker Variant over the weekend. A couple of soaps last month that were recommended here on B&B and an aftershave 2 weeks ago.
I still have 100+ Astra SP and 100 Personna Lab Blue blades, both of which I really love.
I'm definitely done for the time being. My wife is starting to nag at me. Lol.
During the 3 month lockdown here in Malaysia due to Covid-19, I ended up spending more than I should have on shaving stuff. No regrets though. It's a nice hobby. But yeah I'm definitely done for a while.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Now that my technique has improved since the days when I first used the Slim, I may try the low-to-high settings routine again and see how that goes. And the same for the Progress, though it provides a super-fine shave even on the mildest setting.

Now that my technique has improved since the days when I first used the Slim, I may try the low-to-high settings routine again and see how that goes. And the same for the Progress, though it provides a super-fine shave even on the mildest setting.
Well, I tried that with the Slim this morning. And it was a mistake.

Instead of 5-3-1, I reversed that as I used to do when I first got the Slim. But -- setting 1 is not enough to handle my throat bristles on the first pass, and my lower lip didn't like it either. Setting 3 (pass 2) was okay all around, but then 5 felt too aggressive on my throat, and I stopped the razor down to 2 for the final pass and cleanup. I'm clean and near BBS. However, I'm uncomfortably aware that I have shaved: less than irritation, and the feeling is fading after lotion and powder, but it is not the super comfortable shave I aim for.

The lesson is, be aware of what your beard needs.

Top Bottom