What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2023

20230301_100449.jpg

A favorite of mine from New Glarus, Cabin Fever is a helles bock sweetened with honey, usually from a local Wisconsin apiary. To me, it's the harbinger of spring; I need that reminder when dragging the snowblower out for the umpteenth time to deal with these late-season snows.... spring is coming....

it is....
yes, it is....😉

Lie to Me Chocolate Imperial Stout. A Valentine’s Day release. 11%. Thinking that whatever method they used to give it a cherry flavor really robbed the brew of mouthfeel and the richness if the chocolate. Not digging it. Man, I’m getting picky.

EDIT: I’m told I needed to try the ‘21 version.
Did it go all maraschino on you? I can handle a chocolate covered cherry every once in a while, but it reminds me of cough medicine.

Did it go all maraschino on you? I can handle a chocolate covered cherry every once in a while, but it reminds me of cough medicine.
Actually, I thought I was drinking an imperial stout and had no idea about the cherry (or the chocolate!) until I read the description later. I detected an acidic tang that I didn't identify as cherry, and reached for the beer menu. I wouldn't say I was lied to, but...

Top Bottom