What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2022

I flew from Heathrow to Athens a couple weeks ago; over the White Cliffs of Dover, across the Channel to Calais, over the north of France (cloudy here), over the Swiss Alps with amazing views of the mountains (Mont Blanc and Matterhorn) and valleys and Lac Lèmac and Lac Neuchâtel and Bern, north of Venice, down the Dalmation coast, and over to Athens. So many beautiful places have been put on the bucket list. We have wanted to visit Croatia since 2010. It was also neat to see the Tour de France make a stop in Lucerne. Some day…

This is a tasty collab from a local brewery I’ve never been that keen on, and one a few hours away that I’m a big fan of. I do love that the craft beer industry fosters creativity and collaboration.

6B16E7A7-0776-465A-ABA0-0A56520E45BB.jpeg

20220714_100402.jpg

Karben4 Brewing hails from Madison, WI. I've only had one other beer from them, their chocolate oatmeal stout, but I sure liked it, enough to guide my shopping eye toward Karben4 when I'm browsing...

This Irish Dry Stout did not disappoint. Astringent, with a slight bitter coffee edge. 4.5% ABV makes it very sessionable. Had to slam the pour for that invitingly thick brown head. Nice aroma.

Easy-drinker after a disastrous brew day! My immersion chiller sprung a leak and diluted the batch to the point of ruination. 5 gallons of Toasted Coconut Vanilla Milkshake IPA! Had a potential ABV of 2.5. It was unceremoniously dumped.
yikes, sorry to hear that man… I’m surprised you’re not having something a little stronger!!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Easy-drinker after a disastrous brew day! My immersion chiller sprung a leak and diluted the batch to the point of ruination. 5 gallons of Toasted Coconut Vanilla Milkshake IPA! Had a potential ABV of 2.5. It was unceremoniously dumped.

View attachment 1488791
Sorry to hear that, sir. Great choice, however. Hope to see you in the "What are you listening to" thread again soon as well. 🎸

That is never good. Not sure if your setup allows but maybe an excuse to consider counterflow chiller?

That is never good. Not sure if your setup allows but maybe an excuse to consider counterflow chiller?
I seriously considered that, but due to cleaning considerations (read, laziness!) I have ordered a stainless counterflow. Because stainless is now cheaper than copper. Also replacement ingredients.

Top Bottom