What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
So my wife and I did a little getaway to nearby Boone this past weekend and I brought home some local product.

1626910538137.png

High Country Honey Amber Ale from Booneshine Brewing Co. 5.8% ABV 18 IBU. Nice copper color with mild malty, sweet, caramel, honey flavor. Smooth and easy drinking. A nice change of pace from the usual IPA's I so often find myself enjoying. Paired well with my wife's most excellent tacos this evening.

So my wife and I did a little getaway to nearby Boone this past weekend and I brought home some local product.

High Country Honey Amber Ale from Booneshine Brewing Co. 5.8% ABV 18 IBU. Nice copper color with mild malty, sweet, caramel, honey flavor. Smooth and easy drinking. A nice change of pace from the usual IPA's I so often find myself enjoying. Paired well with my wife's most excellent tacos this evening.

The Ale sounds wonderful...but that glass is awesome! Do they come in rocks sizes? :)

^^^
Love the glass, but I'd tip that sucker over in a heartbeat!

I was a bit scared to use them at first but they are really very stable. They came in a set of 4...and then my “bull in a China shop” wife broke one. “It jumped out at me when I passed the table and I defended myself!” She said.

Her parole hearing is next week. She’s been banned from the garage bar for a year after the incident. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a bit scared to use them at first but they are really very stable. They came in a set of 4...and then my “bull in a China shop” wife broke one. “It jumped out at me when I passed the table and I defended myself!” She said.

Her parole hearing is next week. She’s been banned from the garage bar for a year after the incident. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Noveskeshepherd that is seriously funny, I thought I was the only man in the world who had a 'Bull in a China shop' wife... :chinese:

Now I am at peace, I am not alone !

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Taxman Brewing “Bourbon Barrel No Sparge Imperial Golden Ale.”
Whoa! Very little carbonation, syrupy mouthfeel, very bourbon forward with a sweet aftertaste. At 12.5 abv I won’t be drinking many of these at once. I’m not sure if this is a limited run, but I’ll be looking for more to cellar for a while.
7315F720-9156-4BEB-B34C-93E30B09820B.jpeg
D7F78037-1C1D-4BE6-B5CE-D09389B2CFC8.jpeg

9th Summer Hazy IPA
Impressive. I don't think I'd be able to hold a camera that still after 8 IPAs...

Taxman Brewing “Bourbon Barrel No Sparge Imperial Golden Ale.”
Whoa! Very little carbonation, syrupy mouthfeel, very bourbon forward with a sweet aftertaste. At 12.5 abv I won’t be drinking many of these at once. I’m not sure if this is a limited run, but I’ll be looking for more to cellar for a while.
I'll definitely have to see if I can find this one. I've enjoyed many of Taxman's Belgian style brews.

20210731_182150.jpg

I've never had a proper highball, so I'll have to rely on the bottle copy to draw you in. I got warm sugar on the nose (Founder's said caramel an vanilla), with a boozy hit ladened with cherries and a slight orange aroma. It got easier to drink as you went on and it warmed. A tough beer to drink in oppressive heat, but I'll never turn down a heavier beer, even in summer. Not for everyone; $3.75 to $4.00 for a bottle of beer might be too much. No regrets from me, though.
20210731_190351.jpg

The last time I had this one I was in a restaurant so dark I thought the wife and I were exploring caves; no matter, I'm flexible. This beer was good then, and it still is now.

Top Bottom