What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

E2E920DA-A8C1-4D15-9A03-D52E72A21819.jpeg

I passed the tasting room on the way back from Captiva. I forgot my wallet, so I had “free” parking at the beach, but I had no money for a beer. Luckily, I still had one of the Tiki Sour series at home!

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Let's get the weekend started ;)

1619209958904.png

Gang of Blades, a DIPA from Burial, 8.3% ABV, fresh citrus/tropical fruit aroma, nice hoppy depth with sweetness, very tasty....

Obviously a pottery mug is not the best vessel to show of the beautiful murky hazy golden color, alas a poor choice for a photo, but very serviceable for drinking.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
This is a collegiate licensed product for the Perdue Boilermakers. I’ve never seen anything like this before. It’s a partnership between Perdue and local farmers with a portion of proceeds benefiting programs at Perdue.
View attachment 1252508

New Belgium does the same thing here for NC State

1619210598317.png

Incidentally, I'm an SEC guy living in ACC country, and my understanding is that the SEC has recently allowed beer sales in most home stadiums, up to the discretion of individual universities and local laws of course. As Dylan said "The Times, They are a Changing"

Is that the famed Grimaldi's Pizza of Brooklyn?
This is the Ft. Myers Grimaldi’s. Same outfit. They used to claim that they used water from Brooklyn to make the dough daily. 🤷🏻‍♂️. I do know the calzone is delicious! We arrived at 5:30 and were sat immediately, but the line was long as we left. Very popular spot here.

Last edited:
You can never go wrong with the jai alai.
Ya know, whenever I go to a spot, I hope they have something on tap I have never tried. If not, I feel as though I’m settling for Jai-lai, but I’m always happily surprised when my nose gets to the top of the pint glass and I take the first sip! The other draft IPA at Grimaldi’s is Fort Myers Brewing High 5, and I would say the same about it.

One of my favorite beers, J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown, bad been discontinued several years ago. Just discovered that Dundee's parent company, Genesee, has resurrected and rebranded it as Genesee Honey Brown. It was a great pairing with Beef Vindaloo.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I really like Genesee's Cream Ale; the honey brown looks interesting.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
The Savages of Ruminating Minds from Burial. Another one of their hazy NE style IPAs, this time in a nice glass so as to show off the golden haze. Typical tropical aroma with slightly sweet grapefruit, orange, tangerine flavor. Nice and creamy with a dry finish. These guys do this style well.

1619382120580.png

Top Bottom