What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

20210329_230841.jpg

Bottle conditioned hefeweizen from New Glarus. Unfiltered, it was a little weird to hold the glass up to the light and see "stalactites" of yeast sediment dangling just under the head, but this eventually incorporated as the beer warmed. VERY nice. I really liked this. Easy drinking with an unexpected fruit note.

20210330_100358.jpg

Found some! I was getting a little envious; this brewery was a bit prominent in the 2020 thread. I was really curious.
A neat, different wee heavy. Malty stone fruit sweet, and the angelica gave it a spicy celery note. Had to look that up on Wikipedia. I couldn't place the taste. Good one.

View attachment 1244195
Found some! I was getting a little envious; this brewery was a bit prominent in the 2020 thread. I was really curious.
A neat, different wee heavy. Malty stone fruit sweet, and the angelica gave it a spicy celery note. Had to look that up on Wikipedia. I couldn't place the taste. Good one.

Einstock does a really nice porter as well if you can find it.

^^^
Aaahh, nuts! I've been looking all over for it, and all I've been getting is one big goose egg! Well, I did find this:
20210330_232253.jpg

The problem here is this was a release from LAST year, and my search for it was almost as obsessive as my search for Panther Cub.:confused1

Marvelroast is a little heavy on the vanilla, but it's drinkable. I won't need any more than the 4 pack.

74A65C0A-D7BE-4C4B-B52A-D6748E9CE2DE.jpeg

An Italian Trappiste Tripel. Popped the cap and lost an ounce on the copper, which would adequately describe the color. Some sediment at the bottom of the bottle. The label says made with eucalyptus leaves, and there is a hint, but I also get Christmas spices. Enjoyable sipper. 8.5% ABV.

Top Bottom