What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

07840535-1447-4130-ACD2-AF482012A4CE.jpeg7C251C3F-96EA-4469-8FBE-83C5448F85E8.jpeg2B00DA30-7770-4486-B6BE-DF45F7863169.jpeg
Sharing a bottle on Super Bowl Sunday!
EDIT: We both agree: the best sip was the last and warmest. I regret refrigerating it at all.

Last edited:
DSCN1229.JPG

A winter warmer from Hammerheart Brewing out of Lino Lakes. The owner(s) interned at a brewery in Norway. Almost everything they offer has a Scandinavian/Norse influence. They also claim to be inspired by Viking metal rock, with the name of the brewery coming from the Swedish metal band Bathory. It's at this point where they start to lose me....:huh:

This beer was incredibly rich and complex. I had to pour hard in order to get the modest head you see. Rich stone fruit combined with anise on the nose. Pronounced, but not overdone heavy alcohol due to the barrel aging, it drank like a fine brandy. Definitely a sipper and probably needs to go with some food. I really liked the spice approach. They didn't overdo it. Successful effort at a "holiday" beer.

30A591DE-5C63-45D3-9721-9B2F876CB147.jpegFDF98EB3-9AC1-4D5A-B7FB-30A2C00ECB80.jpeg
I wasn’t having a beer after a martini, but my wife wanted to go out for BBQ this evening. Holy meat sweats! It was delicious, though!

As far as the beer goes, I prefer Cigar City Florida Cracker to this local offering. It is a decent wheat beer with a touch of citrus. I get no coriander. This will be a decent hot weather beer after a bike ride, though.

Last edited:
When I put together the last mixed six pack, I reached past Dragon's Milk, which I am certain I haven't tried. Next six, based on your recommendation!

EDIT: I checked Untappd and I have, indeed, had Dragon's Milk. On tap. May 29, 2019. I remember the night, if not the exact beverages, well! I loved it! My quick review: "Yes. Yes." Thanks for jogging my memory!

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
When I put together the last mixed six pack, I reached past Dragon's Milk, which I am certain I haven't tried. Next six, based on your recommendation!

EDIT: I checked Untappd and I have, indeed, had Dragon's Milk. On tap. May 29, 2019. I remember the night well! I loved it! Thanks for jogging my memory!
I was gonna say that’s a lot of pressure to put on a man. :biggrin1:
The things I like about Dragons Milk are that’s it’s not as bourbon forward as KBS, it retains a little more carbonation than KBS, and while thick it’s not like drinking syrup. I like beers that I can “chew on” but KBS was always just a shade over the line to syrup like consistency. Of course I would also take Backwoods Bastard over KBS so maybe I just have an issue with original KBS..

edit:kudos to you for remembering a night (and beer) almost 2 years ago. I have a hard time remembering last night.
Edit 2: 84 degrees? It’s 19 here and snowing.

Edit 3: It's 6 below zero here with a -20 windchill. My memory ceases at these temperatures. Very painful walk to the truck after work tonight. I think it's headed your way, Whisky.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I was fairly certain there was a nitro version of the Dragon's Milk...but can't seem to prove to myself it exists.
It’s possible. They do a lot of limited runs, called “reserve”, with Dragon’s Milk. I have seen nitro pours of it at bars, but don’t remember it in bottles.

Top Bottom