What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

B5CB1AB8-9829-4613-B65C-269FBE43B643.jpeg

Went to the VIP pre-releaee party for my local Sideswipe Brewing Anniversary Party. Had samples of a Blackberry Hazy IPA, a coffee vanilla bourbon barrel aged stout, a habanero session IPA and a sour with cocoa nibs.

Washed down with some Hop Tat double ipa and a Fisticuffs IPA.

Got home and we are drinking a growler of another Brewery... Smokehouse Brewing Centennial IPA. We also got dinner to go from here. Love us some carolina pulled pork!

I have five different canned versions of the anniversary ales without the infusions that'll get enjoyed at a later date.

Doing my best to keep them all in business.

Another tasty stout... not that it makes it taste any different but I should probably invest in a nice beer glass at some point.
There are some who will argue that a "proper" glass will improve the taste of your chosen beverage. I'm sure for those with exemplary taste buds, that is true. Personally, I find very little effect in which drinking vessel I use. Though I will say there are some I enjoy using more than others due to non-taste related stats. Things like weight, feel, general appearance. So yeah, just go with what you like. And, as applicable, with what SWMBO approves of having around. :D

I always "glass" when I can. A lot of the appeal I have for a beer involves appearance and aroma, and if a beer is unfiltered, pouring into another vessel allows the elements to reincorporate. My most recent experience with this involved Dogfish Head's Costumes and Karaoke; I could see the spices settled in the bottom of the bottle. I think a lot of stouts are in the same condition. Of course, you can't see that in the bottle.

It's my understanding that around here, if you marry the right girl, you can get free beer glasses; just tossing that out there for you:wink2:.

How was the salt on your posted stout?
I didn’t really get any salt at all but smooth with nice flavors. I’ll be buying this one again at some point.

Top Bottom