What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
View attachment 1335331
Too harsh. The cinnamon is over done. Interesting foam; two-toned. Sweet, and the booziness is masked by the cinnamon bite. No individuality as this offering doesn't stray too far from the original "acorn," which is KBS. Central Water's Cassian Sunset was nicer.
Thanks for the review. I saw this yesterday and almost bought a 4pack for $26 :eek2::eek2: Glad I passed.

ABBA9583-4E7F-4391-9927-F50D028B8B41.jpeg

Thanks for the review. I saw this yesterday and almost bought a 4pack for $26 :eek2::eek2:Glad I passed.
Glad it helped. I think you'd like Velvet Rush; Highball Drifter was pretty good, too.

Cinnamon is a pretty tough spice to get right. Central Waters was able to pull it off with their Cassian Sunset, and I purchased the Founder's offering to compare the two. Pretty daring of both breweries to give cinnamon a try.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Glad it helped. I think you'd like Velvet Rush; Highball Drifter was pretty good, too.

Cinnamon is a pretty tough spice to get right. Central Waters was able to pull it off with their Cassian Sunset, and I purchased the Founder's offering to compare the two. Pretty daring of both breweries to give cinnamon a try.
I picked up some Velvet Rush 2 days ago. Had my first one last night. Really tasty, maybe a little too sweet. I don’t think it’ll knock off Panther Cub as my favorite Barrel Aged Series but it’s close. I forgot about the Highball Drifter, I’ll see if there’s any left next time I’m at the liquor store.

^^^
Agree that Velvet Rush is maybe too sweet...

On Sunday, the wife wanted to go to a state park. Conniving rascal that I sometimes am, I readily agreed. A short diversion brought us to Wisconsin for some state-exclusive beers and a restaurant visit. On tap:
20210926_162944.jpg

Staghorn. New Glarus' octoberfest, and,

20210926_171957.jpg

Spotted Cow.

Picked up some other New Glarus offerings and one from Oliphant. I do agree with the wife... I almost have too much beer now.

IMG_20210930_172626.jpg

Was on the south side of Indy helping a friend and decided to stop by the liquor store with the biggest selection of beer in the area. My selections were modest. Samuel Smith, Warsteiner dunkel, and one obscure one an italiano ale that is a mix of Weizen and tea. Tonight is Samuel Smith organic chocolate stout. Lovely stuff. I love this stuff.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
View attachment 1337449
Was on the south side of Indy helping a friend and decided to stop by the liquor store with the biggest selection of beer in the area. My selections were modest. Samuel Smith, Warsteiner dunkel, and one obscure one an italiano ale that is a mix of Weizen and tea. Tonight is Samuel Smith organic chocolate stout. Lovely stuff. I love this stuff.
I’m North Indy and fairly new to the area. Where is this biggest selection of beer store you speak of? I’ve been looking for a good beer selection and the best I’ve found is Total Wine. That Smith Chocolate Stout is good stuff.

I’m North Indy and fairly new to the area. Where is this biggest selection of beer store you speak of? I’ve been looking for a good beer selection and the best I’ve found is Total Wine. That Smith Chocolate Stout is good stuff.
Here is the address. They have one in Carmel as well, but, without the huge beer selection. The one in the Southport area has a huge selection of beer from around the world as well as craft beer.

Party-pak Liquors
2633 East Stop 11 Road
Indianapolis, IN 46227

Another good liquor store is Kahn's on Keystone, but, Party-Pak's selection is special.

And welcome to the area.

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Here is the address. They have one in Carmel as well, but, without the huge beer selection. The one in the Southport area has a huge selection of beer from around the world as well as craft beer.

Party-pak Liquors
2633 East Stop 11 Road
Indianapolis, IN 46227

Another good liquor store is Kahn's on Keystone, but, Party-Pak's selection is special.

And welcome to the area.
Thanks for the tip. That’s actually pretty close to a pipe shop I frequent occasionally so I’ll head by there next time I’m in the area.

After a long and stressful week at work I decided to treat myself to a beer I've been saving for a special occasion/pick me up situation. A locally brewed Imperial Stout, matured in an Irish Whiskey cask for 21 months. It's a strong beer at 12.3% and it tastes very nice! As a bonus, it has a QR code for a comic book!

20211001_210642.jpg
20211001_211008.jpg

View attachment 1338190

Wanted to try this, saw the price (4 pack), my right hand put the carton back on the shelf while my left hand held my eyeballs in their sockets.

Maybe we could all chip in, buy it, and have a lawyer draw up a tontine. Last survivor gets the beer, or the last 4 survivors get a bottle 🤔.

Well it does state that the beer "Ages Well" right on the carrier... Now does the Tontine take into account the disparate ages of the participants? How about adjusted price due to inflation indexed over time? :confused1

Top Bottom