What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Big Wave Double Ale. I love this stuff. It doesn't really taste like it, but it has this note that registers as grapefruit. My wife HATES beer but she tried mine and was like, "WOW! That's good. I don't like beer but I'd drink that anytime."
View attachment 1296138

In my top 5 favorite beers

Did you guys ever see the "Beer Brushes" that artisan brushmaker Rob Moffett of Chisel & Hound (formerly known as That Darn Rob) did a while back? He did a couple of these exact IPA glasses that were pretty neat....

View attachment 1297737

Pass.

A6384350-5D32-460D-BF98-626E903E4ED9.jpeg

Category 2. Category 1 is also available, but we have to wait for the tripel, quad, and quintupel!

They always offer a taste of any beverage. Flights with smaller pours are available. The last couple of visits I ordered 4 beer flights, but I went for a full pour today. So many taps, and Big Storm is distilling now, too.

And they are serving lunch now, too!

They always offer a taste of any beverage. Flights with smaller pours are available. The last couple of visits I ordered 4 beer flights, but I went for a full pour today. So many taps, and Big Storm is distilling now, too.

And they are serving lunch now, too!

Been to the Tampa outlet, the one North of the Bay, I assume you are south of that location, they have the Merchant Nitro Porter? That is the one I tried, pretty tasty but like all nitro's it had that unassuming carbonation/fizz.

That beer you showed is pretty dark for an Ale...

Been to the Tampa outlet, the one North of the Bay, I assume you are south of that location, they have the Merchant Nitro Porter? That is the one I tried, pretty tasty but like all nitro's it had that unassuming carbonation/fizz.

That beer you showed is pretty dark for an Ale...
I was surprised at the color of the Dubbel, too. I should have had a look at Category 1. Merchant Nitro Porter is on the menu here. I think I had it a couple trips ago.

There is a Big Storm Brewing in Cape Coral. They took over Cape Coral Brewing's space on Miramar when they first opened in town, then moved into Big Blue Brewing's building on 47th Terrace. Before Big Storm came to town, I would rather have gone to Fat Point in Punta Gorda or Fort Myers Brewing in Gateway. It's a five minute Jeep or 15 min bike ride.

Last edited:
I was surprised at the color of the Dubbel, too. I should have had a look at Category 1. Merchant Nitro Porter is on the menu here. I think I had it a couple trips ago.

There is a Big Storm Brewing in Cape Coral. They took over Cape Coral Brewing's space on Miramar when they first opened in town, then moved into Big Blue Brewing's building on 47th Terrace. Before Big Storm came to town, I would rather have gone to Fat Point in Punta Gorda or Fort Myers Brewing in Gateway. It's a five minute Jeep or 15 min bike ride.

Oh yeah that is much farther south, I was thinking of the one just south and west of the Tampa Bay. You know they just opened another one in Orlando as well.

Pretty sure that make four locations. Two in Tampa, one in Orlando and one near you in Coral Springs. I was just visiting the area not to long ago as my companies office is just north of Tampa.

Top Bottom