What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

57612A4E-576D-4D0B-B35C-1CE205D0EFD7.jpeg

Bourbon County Stout flight ‘17-‘20

I like stone a lot, fear movie lions is particularly good.
I’ve seen that one but never had it. I haven’t been very into Stone the last few years, used to have it a decent amount being in SoCal but I’m less interested in the west coast IPA style nowadays. This one was a gift, I wasn’t that into it to be honest.

I really like how those colored lights are reflecting off of everything!
It’s a fun place, but we rarely sit outside under those lights. Inside looked a little too busy. It was pretty chilly that night, and just before we left, a cold front brought some rain. Made for a cool shot!

Also, tried a few ounces of Boatswain Chocolate Stout from Trader Joe’s. The rest went down the drain. Hard to go from Bourbon County Stout to this.

Bourbon County Stout flight ‘17-‘20
That would be an amazing flight! Do you recall what your thoughts were regarding preferences?
A good Oktoberfest is perfect ANY month of the year!
Agreed. If I had to choose one type of beer to drink year round, it'd be an Oktoberfest. Of course, they aren't available year round and I've never procured enough to put that into practice....

That would be an amazing flight! Do you recall what your thoughts were regarding preferences?
I sure do! They were all amazing. I started with the 2017, and I don't know if it was because it was the first to hit my lips, or because of the brewing in 2017, or because of subsequent aging, but it seemed to have the best balance, of the four. My wife preferred 2019 and 2020. I thought '18-'20 lacked a bit of booze and chocolate sweetness of the '17. I have a bottle of 2019 sitting 10 ft from me, but I will resist the urge to crack it on a night I am feeling something lighter.

I was just looking at this one this afternoon....

I've been sideling up cautiously to Dogfish Head lately. By their own admission, they brew "extreme" beers, but I for one do not like extreme simply for the sake of being extreme; their World Wide Stout almost blew my head off:blink:....

DSCN1227.JPG

I couldn't get drunk enough to either be seen in a state of being "costumed" or participating in "karaoke", but this is an imperial cream ale with cinnamon, ginger, tumeric, star anise, oats, cardamom, and vanilla beans. Respectable at 9%, sweet and spicy in a subtle way. I liked it. sold in a 4 pack; a little over $4 per bottle. Roll the bottle before pouring; solids form on the bottom.

A good Oktoberfest is perfect ANY month of the year!

Agreed. If I had to choose one type of beer to drink year round, it'd be an Oktoberfest. Of course, they aren't available year round and I've never procured enough to put that into practice....
I wholeheartedly agree! It’s by far my favorite style so I’m always sure to stock up when it comes in. Luckily my birthday is around the same time so everyone knows what to get. Right now sitting on 3 cases of Sams oktoberfest, case of Paulander marzen and less than a six of Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest. Im just crazy about the stuff! lol

I like stone a lot, fear movie lions is particularly good.
Finished a Fear. Movies. Lions. six pack tonight I'm a big fan of that beer. It (New England/hazy IPA) is my favorite style. It was the first of that style I tried and a six pack is often several dollars cheaper than a four pack of other labels.
I know they had the upside down labels on FML as an accident but looks like they are doing it on more beers?
This thread makes me realize I need to up my glass game. Where do you all get these awesome glasses?

Top Bottom