What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

Black Adder

Contributor
20210610_104407.jpg
These Schlenkerlas drink like a soda; birch beer, cream soda, root beer. I expected a more edgy harshness, more of a kick, but it just isn't there. Creamy, mellow with a full body. Warning: I opened this bottle and was distracted for a bit. When I returned, there was a small foam pillar coming from the bottle mouth, so I wiped it off with my finger and took a taste... yuck! Thought I'd been poisoned. The beer was fantastic, though.

Black Adder

Contributor
20210615_091648.jpg
Oak smoke doppelbock by Schlenkerla. 8% ABV, which you'll know by its effect, but still very smooth, like the whole line. More of a lingering smoke note. Cellar temp, no improvement that I could detect. Good, but the least favorite of the ones I've tried. Schlenkerla is a great brewer of smoked beers; try 'em if you have the opportunity.

Top Bottom