What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

041D9754-5E0E-4E00-878A-3D019A6B0FE2.jpeg

With a cheesesteak sandwich. As much as I like barrel aged stouts, it’s past time for the warm weather cocktails and brews. 93 with a feels like of 101 this afternoon.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Every bottle of the Alaskan I have has 4-5yrs on it. I need to start drinking it when I BBQ or smoke brisket.

I hand carried a few bottles back from Juneau about 10 years ago, put them in a corner of a fridge, and intentionally forgot them. I had the last one a little while back.

They are virtually the same beer. St. Bernardus brewed Westy 12 under contract until 1992. They use the same recipe and yeast, although you get some slight differences in carbonation and esters between the two.

Top-notch (and very similar) beers. But are you sure same yeast?

AFAIK, after the split, St. B continued to use the original Westvleteren yeast, but the Westvleteren brewery began to use a Westmalle yeast.

View attachment 1278337
With a cheesesteak sandwich. As much as I like barrel aged stouts, it’s past time for the warm weather cocktails and brews. 93 with a feels like of 101 this afternoon.

With 100% humidity... Then an afternoon shower, cats and dogs for 10 minutes, the sun comes out and low and behold it feels like 105. Welcome to Florida, don't like the weather wait 10 minutes it will change!

Of course being born here helps. Watching those from northern climes wilt is normal this time of year.

View attachment 1278949
Desperately sought an encore from the Ur Bock. Picked up the doppelbock and the helles lager. Cellar temp this time.

Good thing I don't live in Bamberg... they'd never get me out of the gasthaus.

What a fantastic place Bamberg. Spent some time there and recall a place down near the city that the river split between one building with bridges to the left and right. Served the best Hefeweizen, unbelievable beir. Listening to the regulars sitting around singing drinking songs... Long ago very early 80's, it was considered an honor to have your Stein on the Bar mantel. I wonder if it is the same after all these years????

Top Bottom