What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

View attachment 1206575

A blended stout; tough one to describe, even Dogfish Head doesn't say too much about it, preferring to get all mystical and wanting to discuss Miles Davis. It was okay, in a largely positive way. I detected an almost sour aroma on the nose, but I think it was the honey presence. Some honeys have a weird smell. A warm stout, definitely a sipper.

Hmmmm.... didn't notice 'til I posted the photo. It's a 2 year old beer!
The first time I had it an unknown number of years ago ( because I swear my eight year old nephew was just born two years ago... But realistically bad I think about it 6-7 years ago) I liked. It had all sorts of subtle flavors of spices. This was also before building a beer cellar, drinking most of it off to love across country back to building up a cellar. I wish I had bought more bottles to age. And then bought more each year it came out. The young brew left am impression but there are always other beers to cellar.

Wife brought me these from Louisiana. Orange juice consistency, it was pretty thick beer. It's pretty sweet too

20210110_044814.jpg

20210110_044859.jpg

I didn't need an explanation. I was being very facetious. My wife doesn't support my interest in malt beverages at all. Any cooperation or support exhibited by other members' spouses throws me for a real loop.

Maybe I'm just jealous.
She brought me a pack Pliny the elder last year was from California.

Best IPA I've ever had

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My beer 98% of the times I have one:
16105120417014718341568164434677.jpg

I'm cheap, but every time I buy a beer that costs more than 70 cents a can I think, "man, that tastes like a flavor that has no business in a beer."

Top Bottom