What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

I miss living in Austin. Just seeing the word Zilker brings back good memories.
Its a great city, my younger brother lives here and they actually had their wedding reception at Zilker (he used to work in the tap room).
I always count on gaining 5 pounds when I come here ;-)

That does look good! Did she share the sushi and pot stickers?
She did. the potstickers were purchased to be shared, and they were excellent. Usually I'm used to some rubbery meat compound sliding completely out of the pasta wrapping, but these held together. I tried the sushi, too. Not bad. I'm just not really a fan of "raw.":001_unsur

I was able to kill the pizza almost singlehanded. The wife tried the oatmeal stout, and, wait for it.... LIKED it! Said she could drink it and it reminded her of chocolate and coffee :a14:. I'm thinking, "Finally! Is this the epiphany I've been waiting for!?!?"

Sigh.... it is not to be. I'm going to have to resign myself to the ongoing struggle a NORMAL wife is supposed to provide to a husband who likes craft beer. You fellows can enjoy your "wives who like barbecue" and "wives who buy you beer" and "gift you with fine glassware....."

I stand alone, defending the battered ramparts.....

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
693AFC22-3E3F-4970-8AD1-FE1215B678B2.jpeg

Nice pour!

I'll have a Guinness on St. Patrick's Day and maybe on nitro tap at a nearby Irish Pub if I ride the bike there, but with the craft scene being so good locally and nationally, I will pass most nights when I am feeling like having a porter or stout. How often are you having Guinness?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I usually have 6-12 Guinness’ in the basement. I drink one maybe every 2 weeks or so. It’s a beer that I drink when I don’t want to think about the beer I’m drinking. Always smooth and always tasty. It’s the first beer that I had without light in the name and it really turned me on to what beer should/can taste like. I also had that first Guinness with my dad so there is some sentimental value to the beer as well.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I've not seen that particular can. Is there a story behind it that you're aware of?
I bought a case of it at Costco. Here’s what is says on the package:E340F2AA-C54A-40FA-AACE-3702DD60E8BF.jpeg
I’m not really sure how we’ve been supporting Guinness, unless it’s by drinking their beer. If that’s the case I’ve been supporting them for a long time.

Last edited:
I bought a case of it at Costco. Here’s what is says on the package:
I’m not really sure how we’ve been supporting Guinness, unless it’s by drinking their beer. If that’s the case I’ve been supporting them for a long time.
I'm happy to continue supporting them through consumption long into the future as well. 🍻

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
This is a collegiate licensed product for the Perdue Boilermakers. I’ve never seen anything like this before. It’s a partnership between Perdue and local farmers with a portion of proceeds benefiting programs at Perdue.
9C43056D-35AD-4599-A8CC-19DAEC9F5917.jpeg

No pictures but I met a buddy at the Stone Brewing tap room in Pasadena yesterday, I haven’t been a huge fan of their beers in recent years but tried out some good stuff. Tried out:
- Simple Kind of Pilsner
- Experimental session hazy IPA
- Chrononaut IPA
- Tangerine Express hazy IPA
- Let Me Hear You Scream milkshake IPA (brewed with oranges, this one was interesting and fortunately not as sweet as I was expecting)

Top Bottom