What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures?

Well, seeing as how yesterday was National Drink a Beer Day (apparently...🤷‍♂️), I ended up grabbing another one. Beer pictures in a Yeti aren't that impressive...but since you asked...
1601383039433.png

A6ED23A2-891C-46E5-BA5B-51248371E2AA.jpeg

I keep going for the more to figure this one out. It has all the scents and flavors you expect from the style, from the malty/fruity sweetness to a touch of tart on the finish, but it’s holding back, making me ask for more. It’s there, but I’m begging for more.

As for the beer...

That wee heavy I referred to in post #535 prompted a search for more offerings from Starry Eyed Brewing...
20201001_153231.jpg

Double X Cream Ale. Had an uncharacteristic bite with a tangy sourness that I think came from the yeast. Not bad, but you pay an above average price for 4 bottles. Not easy to find...

Don

DE64B834-88EB-4DB2-AADB-E30A7E885DC7.jpeg

Expected so much from this Oktoberfest. It’s getting better as it warms, but I expected more; more malt, more body. Maybe I don’t understand Märzens. 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 1163554
Expected so much from this Oktoberfest. It’s getting better as it warms, but I expected more; more malt, more body. Maybe I don’t understand Märzens. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think maybe YOU understand marzens; Founder's doesn't, perhaps? They've always been a stout/porter/brown ale brewer to me. There's lots of Octoberfests out there right now.
20201003_175313.jpg

Flex Morehard, a bock from Oliphant. I've warned you fellows about the two brewers/owners at Oliphant, so you'll just have to embrace their wierdness and accept the name. Haven't met either of them yet; they kick out some good stuff.

Don

They have a nice beer list! Quite a few Sours. They all sound yummy.
Before I settled up, I tried something called Captain’s Grog, a Tiki Sour. It has maple syrup, almond, and orange, grapefruit, and lime zest. I need to have a full pour next trip, and with Delta throwing surf at us through the weekend, that means Saturday!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom