What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to total wine yesterday to pick up these from Stone.

How was your shopping experience? I haven't been there for a couple of weeks, but their poor customer service skills combined with their social distancing guidelines had me thinking I was being inducted into the army. I spoke about it in post #134.

I've found better places to get my stuff, in case your worried about me not posting here anymore:biggrin1:.

Don

How was your shopping experience? I haven't been there for a couple of weeks, but their poor customer service skills combined with their social distancing guidelines had me thinking I was being inducted into the army. I spoke about it in post #134.

I've found better places to get my stuff, in case your worried about me not posting here anymore:biggrin1:.

Don
Couldn’t agree more.
HEB and Spec’s get my vote.

Don
it was "normal", most customers stayed away from everyone and such. I had called before I went to see if they had it. And they held it for me at the counter.

But I agree 1000% about their customer service skills.

Here's what happened:

I had called and asked to be transferred to the beer dept. Someone in the beer dept answered, but they weren't part of it, they were put there for the day.

Me - good afternoon, just calling to see if you guys have peak conditions from stone brewing
Tw- ok let me check.... No we don't
Me- is there anyone that actually works in the beer dept that can help me.
Tw- yes, but I just looked on the computer, and it says we never got anything from stone.
Me- I completely understand what you're telling me, but this has happened before, and when I spoke to a person that's actually from the beer section, they had different information.
Tw- (*sighs* loudly) fine, let me find someone.

At this point I'm thinking ***, is wrong with this person. She had an annoyed tone the whole time I'm talking to her.

The other someone - hello how can I help you.
I repeat my question about the beer.

The other someone - let me check because sometimes they put it under a different name....... Yes, we have it, how many do you need.

I say thank you and will be there shortly.

I do have a whole foods and a specs close to me, but for some reason they don't get stuff as fast or as frequent like total wine. There's a craft beer cellar in Dallas that I used to go to. But now that I moved 45min away, I don't go there anymore. So total wine is really my best option, besides the places that have those 40-50 taps that fill up those 32oz cans. But you end up pretty buzzed sampling 6-7 Berry before you decide what to get (lol)

There's a few breweries near me, but I'm put off by half their selection being those milkshake IPA' s with lactose.

Couldn’t agree more.
HEB and Spec’s get my vote.
I do like HEB. There is one about 20min from my house. I always forget about it. But they did have a very nice selection.

Damn. I have a weakness for Stone and that one is calling out to me.
It's really good.

Their normal p.o.g is a berliner weisse. So it's super light and fruity. This one in ipa form is a bit stronger, but still very enjoyable.

it was "normal", most customers stayed away from everyone and such. I had called before I went to see if they had it. And they held it for me at the counter.

Here's what happened:

I had called and asked to be transferred to the beer dept. Someone in the beer dept answered, but they weren't part of it, they were put there for the day.

Me - good afternoon, just calling to see if you guys have peak conditions from stone brewing
Tw- ok let me check.... No we don't
Me- is there anyone that actually works in the beer dept that can help me.
Tw- yes, but I just looked on the computer, and it says we never got anything from stone.
Me- I completely understand what you're telling me, but this has happened before, and when I spoke to a person that's actually from the beer section, they had different information.
Tw- (*sighs* loudly) fine, let me find someone.

At this point I'm thinking ***, is wrong with this person. She had an annoyed tone the whole time I'm talking to her.

The other someone - hello how can I help you.
I repeat my question about the beer.

The other someone - let me check because sometimes they put it under a different name....... Yes, we have it, how many do you need.

I say thank you and will be there shortly.

I do have a whole foods and a specs close to me, but for some reason they don't get stuff as fast or as frequent like total wine. There's a craft beer cellar in Dallas that I used to go to. But now that I moved 45min away, I don't go there anymore. So total wine is really my best option, besides the places that have those 40-50 taps that fill up those 32oz cans. But you end up pretty buzzed sampling 6-7 Berry before you decide what to get (lol)

There's a few breweries near me, but I'm put off by half their selection being those milkshake IPA' s with lactose.
I’m not put off that so I’m free to spend but I’ve just not enjoyed beer as much in the past year. I’m in between B-52 and Brash here north of Houston. These breweries just so happen to be my favorite in Houston too. Last year I was flipping a coin almost every weekend to decide where to run to.

Brash has better beer but B-52 has a better environment.
Don't think I've seen beers from them here in dfw.

This one looks delicious though!

proxy.php

Don't think I've seen beers from them here in dfw.

This one looks delicious though!

proxy.php
It’s funny you posted that beer. It’s my favorite from them and was out years ago. It was a bit hot for a NEIPA but I liked it that way. Some people let that one age a little to let is mellow.

Ah, sorry to hear that; I thought it might be just me and my local store, but your views and RigelDust's may be pointing to a malaise common to the Big Store chain.

They USED to be very cutting edge and innovative. I literally could find almost anything there, both locally and nationwide, and imports. Scanning the shelves was fun and took some concentration, but you were like a kid in a candy store. Now, there seems to be a "brand" push that kind of reveals a "pay to play" approach that I'd heard rumors about when it comes to distribution and actually getting a craft beer on the shelf.

As far as actual customer service, my problem is that I'm usually dodging ladders and moveable stairs, with employees giving you that "Excuse us... WE'RE stocking shelves here!" look, and if it ain't in the computer, well we can't help you attitude. Kind of a shame, but my visits are tapering off significantly.

Don

So far it's Sugarhouse IPA by Lawson's, followed by 668: Neighbor of the Beast by New England Brewing. Probably a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale later.

Magic Feather peanut butter porter from Shakopee Brewhall...
DSCN1083.JPG

A solid porter, but I didn't pick up on any peanut butter note. Very good, glad I'm still supporting local brewers during these tough times.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom