What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuck at home....job forced my wife and I to work at home!!!

So today I have been drinking:

Carta Blanca
1585167301173.png

Pacifico
1585167410384.png

and tonight for dinner I'll enjoy these with a big or "Grande" bowl of menudo.
1585167546414.png

I Will have a Wiedemann , but it will not be green.
I won't drink green beers, either. Green "themed" beers? Well....
DSCN1079.JPG

Mythic Mongrel Irish Cream Ale from Bad Weather. A lot of Irish ales still on the shelves, and I've been having fun exploring the style. This one has a solid malt body with a slight hop kick. Enjoyable.

Don

Malty, slightly floral hops. Low alcohol. A classic British bitter.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't know if you've had their London Porter, but give it a try. It's pretty nice.

Robert the Bruce scotch ale from 3 Floyds Brewing (Indiana):
DSCN1080.JPG

The bottle label and 6 pack carton had a "3D Puzzle" quality about it; had to work a little bit to find out what I was buying! There was either too much hops or a smoked malt push that gave this one a bitterness I don't expect, or really want, from a scotch ale. I'll happily finish the six, but won't be buying more.

Don

I've always been a fan of local beer offerings, and in these strange times I really feel good about helping out, on a local level, to support the community businesses where I live. The sad part? A lot of the beers I post here will be largely unavailable to my fellow B&B beer enthusiasts.....

Shakopee Brewhall Hard Headed Dreamer Schwarzbier-
DSCN1081.JPG

In a word, amazing. I'll be looking for more of this.

Don

DSCN1082.JPG

In November of 2019 I purchased a six of this on a 'Sconnie Run for beer. I don't know if I was in a bad mood or the other beers clouded this one over into the "dislike" section of my memory, but like a good curmudgeon, I plowed through the rest. This is the last one. I was way too harsh.... it's actually very creamy and quite delicious.

Don

Founder's CBS. I made a mistake in grabbing the last one to pair with an Indian meal. Sickly sweet when played against spice and heat. I should have gone with the Corona...it was in my hand...

20200403_224727.jpg

Went to total wine yesterday to pick up these from Stone. They had released the P.O.G last year, and now they made it in an IPA. It's pretty good. You can drink these all day. That's wanderlei "the axe murderer" Silva (former mma champion) guarding my stash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom