What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode the bike out to a farm/restaurant in North Ft. Myers. Enjoyed a cider at brunch (and made a friend!). Then, we filled the growler with Big Storm Bromosa Tangerine IPA for a low country boil. Fun Sunday!
9C5A315E-2E3E-40B3-A1A3-91E1136D45AF.jpegD98C934E-0410-494F-9098-56E3F62E8627.jpeg942C4766-6638-4D79-9C3A-00288F1DD46D.jpeg

Blue Moon. Man I can drink straight Jack/vodka/tequila all day with barely an issue, but this stuff is like poison to me.....I've had four and I'm lit like I haven't been in a long time. I have purchased two brushes and a razor and will likely go for more as I still have 6 beers to go.

A little late to the party... my apologies....
DSCN1058.JPG

In September of 2017, I bought two bottles of this. They were a little over $9 a bottle, and had a 16.5% ABV, the strongest I've ever had. I had one and posted about it in the 2017 BOTD thread. This bottle has aged 2 years, 5 months in my cellar. Did ageing it this long improve it? A little bit. I still think it's WAY too much. Dogfish Head sells EXTREME beers, and you're sure getting one here. This years offering clocks in at 18% ABV, and the price didn't drop, either. Better vanilla note, but holey smokes, it sure is a smack to the senses.

Don

I thought it would be yummy.....
DSCN1059.JPG

It wasn't. But if anyone asks me if I've ever chewed on fresh orange peels, I can honestly say, "Why, yes I have."

A bit of a rocky start for Black Adder's 2020 malt beverage journey....:concern:

Don

Whew!! Back on track after a couple of clinkers....
DSCN1060.JPG

Tyranena Brewing used to be readily available in my neck of the woods. This is no longer the case. This one was acquired when a friend made a trip to the Milwaukee.

Don

^^^
On tap! Nice.

DSCN1063.JPG

Another one from those two eccentrics over at Oliphant Brewing. Has a real pleasant roasted nut flavor in a beer that at first glance looks like it'd be way too sweet.

Don

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Bells Two Hearted Ale
Leinenkugel Snowdrift Vanilla Porter
Miller Lite

and that’s just tonight. The Bells Two Hearted Ale is the first IPA I really enjoyed. The Leinie is the first Porter I tried and really like it. I hope to try more Porters. And the Miller...well, I’m out of the other 2 so it’s the back up to the back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom